4 posts in this topic

From my view point the future is bright....tagged and released BABY BLACK DRUM into the surf all weekend, Saturday until I ran out of tags....38 was last count I think. Then back at it again this morning,tide was dead low around 1030 and the little ones came in w/ the tide in the afternoon...stayed long enough to fill another sheet half full with 11 more today. Taylor blues were in N out both days,4 went home for the grill last nite and 2 today as bait.....hard to say how many 1000's of little drum are in the surf. There should be some great study info for the tagging program from these little guys in the future !! All fish were between 7 and 11 inches.

clear.gif

VcanRod-1.jpg

Pretty work!!!!!! Does any of the data get sent back to you when one of the fish you tagged gets recaptured?? Could be some interesting data in the future.

So is that the VCAN rod or are you turning you into a new surf fishermen tackle ho? Next thing ya know you'll be selling your boat :icon_tongue:

Nice job on the catching, kicking us some fresh bait, and, moreover, tagging all of those black drum :icon_thumright:

Thanks again for your support of public access and fisheries management!

Mark

yes that is the VCAN raffle rod- 1st cast into the ocean and got that bluefish, Andy was supposed to buy it but then again so was Brandon and Gerald - any one of them could had it,but now I'll just keep it myself and out cast you and Dixie....someday.....all blues came off that rod the other day......I have 3 boats to fish off of so I guess I could sell one

Yes I get data printed out in the regular US Mail as long as the person who catches the fish calls in the tag number with the info of where and when they they caught it,how long it wqs and a few other details. people who call in tagged fish get the same report I do of when,where,size of the fish when I released it too....plus they get a free T-shirt or tackle box for calling the tag in.