11 posts in this topic

Hit the beach with Bucket and RACN was already on the beach. RACN had a few blues in the cooler with a few spot and released several small black drum when we got there.

After RACN left Noncaster showed up and we settled into an outgoing tide. Noncaster was first up with a small run which turned out to be a 3ft Sandbar shark. I got a bluefish shortly after and cut him up for bait.

As I was getting ready to re-bait, my reel started screaming and I got a touch excited. Set the hook and had some pullage. After a few seconds, I realized, no drum, but another shark. Another 3 to 3/12 ft Sandbar.

We stayed until about midnight and landed a few more sharks in the same size between us, but no drum. Wind was almost non existent and tide fell out fast.

Taking a break for a few days again before the quest starts back up!

Yep!

On Base behind Hopper Hall or at the southend near the Sandbridge Line!

Too bad there were no Red Drums but at least you guys are catching fish. Took the wife and dog down to Sandbridge Saturday morning while you all were at Dam Neck and ended up with 1 pretty good size blue. Fished from 0630 till about 11am. What a great weather day! Nice sunrise and no wind. I'll be out with RACN Tuesday at Dam Neck. Hope to see you out there.

I'm in the market for a another surf casting rod/reel if you know anyone who might have a deal on one.

I got there at 0800 and stayed (waited) until 6:30 so I could give up my bait .....Dixie & Bucket showed up for the nite shift around 6:30....and you know that story.

Will go get fresh bait Tuesday morning and wait for Darryl (DS422) to swing by after he drops off the boy and we will hit Dam Neck again......

Dont get your panties in a wad Dave.....you can come too- h_crygif-1.jpg But Dixie has to work.

Actually, I don't think I'll be able to make it after all, I have something that came up and now more than likely won't fish till the late morning early afternoon:dontknow:....but definitely on Wednesday..... Heading to Great Bridge this evening for some spots.

OH YOU'LL BE THERE ALLRIGHT OR I'LL SICK JW ON YOU ......:boxing:

Hit the beach with Bucket and RACN was already on the beach. RACN had a few blues in the cooler with a few spot and released several small black drum when we got there.

After RACN left Noncaster showed up and we settled into an outgoing tide. Noncaster was first up with a small run which turned out to be a 3ft Sandbar shark. I got a bluefish shortly after and cut him up for bait.

As I was getting ready to re-bait, my reel started screaming and I got a touch excited. Set the hook and had some pullage. After a few seconds, I realized, no drum, but another shark. Another 3 to 3/12 ft Sandbar.

We stayed until about midnight and landed a few more sharks in the same size between us, but no drum. Wind was almost non existent and tide fell out fast.

Taking a break for a few days again before the quest starts back up!

Great job Dixie :icon_thumleft:!!! Sorry we missed all the pullage Me and Q left. I had to go home and fry up some fish & rice for the family, But would like to do that again hopefully catching some Red drum. I did managed to catch 7 small black drum on some shrimp fishbites which Jamie tagged them and I released them. And 1 bluefish on a piece of spot maybe we all can get together and try again next weekend. Maybe I can landed one of those Sandbar sharks for some pullage unless it becomes a keeper., But really wanting to get a citation Red Drum. Damneck is a HOT spot to do some fishing in my book. Maybe I'll try my luck at night to see what is biting out there someday. Catch ya later Dixie good luck fishin were you are.

Great White Shark :glasses2:, OUT!!!

VCAN MEMBER

Easy there big fella, dont pee your pants or they will make fun of you like you do Rattler.....just take a deep breath......now exhale.....call Rory and tell him what a great time you had, he got skunked at Sandbridge.....we gotta sneak him on base so he can teach Dixie how to cast.......I just set in the chair and watch it all go down........

clear.gif

Yep!

On Base behind Hopper Hall or at the southend near the Sandbridge Line!

see the above photo, all that mess is ON TOP of the building- you cant miss it

dang.......ya'll make me wanna puke! Nuttin to fish for up here cept those land locked stripers n flatheads. Need me some fresh salt air n a ten pound red to make me grin. Go get em Jaimie. See Ya'll in a couple weeks. Any good sized jimmies in Rudee to trap?