11 posts in this topic

My pop will be putting in his boat within the next month and look forward to doing some offshore fishing with him,,,he normally goes to the hotdog and/or jackspot and some other places,,,when I was younger I use to go out with him all the time and we used to catch lots of dolphin well outside the jackspot,,,I know very little about offshore fishing and havent been out in many years and my pop is constantly asking me to go but my work schedule made it tough,,,I work on weekends and he came down on the weekends,,,he now is retired and lives down here full time and can pretty much go out anytime which will give me a chance to head out with him,,,needless to say, I couldnt be happier that my mom and pop are now living down here full time,,,so maybe you guys can give me some offshore knowledge so I can impress my pop :) ,,,I am pretty excited about hauling in a big tuna,,,so when can we start seeing some tuna action this summer?

Not sure when they start - but I believe June -July has the season in full swing. Got these July 4th weekend near the hambone i think. Anyone read that story about striper mike and the Tuna caught in the surf????

tuna1_120.jpg.fb46f00726489851de760185b3

Man, I wish I didn't get sea sick!

HA! That reminded me about a trip a coworker arranged last summer for nightime bluefish - about 20 people went down, by about 9pm, only about 10 of us were still fishing, the rest were all sick - felt bad for them, but they sure kept the chum slick going :mrgreen:

Man, I wish I didn't get sea sick!

Sam, don't think like that.

think happy, pleasent thoughts of going off-shore and hookin'-up wth a Big 1 8)

Coop... last year we were catching football-sized bluefins at the Jack spot by mid June, which is about regular timing. The fish start to get bigger by the end of the month into July. Fishing can be good if you can keep the big bluefish from destroying everything.

Thanks :up: ,,,Those blues can play havoc!,,,maybe catch a couple blues and try for a June Mako :D .

excellent idea Coop! A live lined bluefish can be the best mako bait in the sea... just watch your fingers while rigging them, I got careless last year and almost lost the end of my right ring finger :shock:

Slightly drifting here but, how about a mako from the beach.....? :shock:

clear.gif

AWESOME!!! :mrgreen: :v: