12 posts in this topic

:dontknow: I am kinda confused.... To keep my lights down as I am heading to my favorite spot on the beach I run with my Driving lights on... Keeps plenty of lights on the sand and plenty of light to see... When I pick my spot I pull to the edge with the lights facing down beach (never over the water) and I back into my spot... When I was down last weekend though I was heading to the spot close to the sand markers... driving lights on... and some dude felt the need to call me well... not a nice name as he rode by... I started thinking what the heck did I do wrong? I am against the posts... I am going 20mph... lights on low...Hmm... any Ideas?:dontknow:

runin, you didn't do anything wrong !

when your running the tracks near the dunes with lights on your not interferring with anyones fishing.

some spots especially down the south end where the beach gets skinny your lights may come into play.

the hard part is if your arriving in the dark and looking for a spot to set up and your near other fishers...this can get tricky. you just need to be respectful and decisive about what your doing near them.

I think a LOT of people expect you to dump your lights when you approach them. In older trucks like most on the beach you can do that. In newer trucks with daytime running lights you are unable to turn them off, I'm embarassed by acting like a barney around people but can't do anything to stop it short of a new truck. If I have to turn the truck on after setting up I cover up the head lights.

Traveling at night with all the lumber and debris, I think he was the a-hole not you.

Whew... I thought I missed a Memo!!! hahahaha

As long as you aren't pointing your lights on the water there should be no problems. If you are running parallel to the water up near the dunes there shouldn't be any problems.

i have a 99 suburban with daytime running lights, most of them are connected to the parking brake, so brake on lights off, but u cant drive like that, so i had the wires going to the brake run to a toggle instead so flip the switch and no more lights, its a nice solution if anyone is interested.........paul

On my 97 truck which has daytime running lights, I just pulled the fuse out.

Luckily I don't have the daytimers... Thats why I always use my lower driving lights... Just enough light to keep me outta the weeds!!

I use my foglights only, just enough light to see, Becuase im not going hit a log,washout,hole,etc and wreck my truck for NO FISH! Sorry!!!! Just stay as far from the water as possible if it get skinny in spots I turnem off when passing someone fishing, just out of courtesy.And turn them off before pulling up to the water.