5 posts in this topic

When does the fall striper run usually happen down in that neck of the woods. Up here in South Jersey, we had our best fishing last year in early January (getting over 100 in the first week). I'm heading down in October a few different times and just trying to see what will be running and if anyone wants to meet up. Thanks.

Steve

let's just call it the october lull...not the best fishing that month after the first week.

Turkey day used to be a safe bet but from the reports last year early Jan was best here.

I've been trying to plan out my golden passes and I wouldn't think of using one in October - November I'd start thinking about it depending on reports. I'm desperate for a striper this fall...so I'm thinking of starting to fish for them in NJ in october and following them south :icon_rabbit:

Steve, if you are desperate, you should really hit South Jersey with me sometime, anytime during the year (February can be brutal, but still fish can be picked up at the right place and time). Not the largest stripers in the world, but I have been catching consistently since late March, they never leave the back bays and marshes. Lots of 26-27" and some 30"+ to mix in!

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'll be down Oct 2-3, then I might try again in late October, but based on what I am hearing, I may be better off up here in NJ. Will have to try down there in December!

Steve, you aren't too far from me. If you ever want to meet up, I am usually good at getting right on the fish. I fish the back bays from the shore (we call them the sod banks, they usually drop off about 30 feet or so, great fishing) or the inlets. Sometimes I get on with bait, other times they love plugs.

Be in touch (aburtson@rcn.com)

Steve