7 posts in this topic

Nice report Chapa.....I'll be at BBNWR Tomorrow at some point. I know the crowd at LIP will increase after today!

YES VERY NICE PICS MISTER !! DIXIE SPEAKS HIGHLY OF YOU,MAYBE WE WILL MEET SOON !!

Just a quick question how do you release large drum form the pier with out hurting them, do you just lower them back down in the drop net or what?

OH by the way that pier looks nuts to fish on with all the others trying to get there lines out.. thanks for the report.

This is probably a dumb question, but since I've never fished off a pier before, how the heck do you get the fish from the water up to the pier? Do you have to use a hoop net????

one of the pics above shows a "pier net" with the fish still in it- see the ring and chain...think of it as a huge crab net

We call those hoop nets and used to catch Red Rock and Dungenesss Crab off a dock with those in Washington State.

I left all mine back there. I guess that's the only way you're gonna get one of those bad boys up to the pier unless you walk him around to the beach.