22 posts in this topic

Okay, as I get my gear ready for the Red Drum Tournament, I am thinking coffee. What do you all use to make coffee on the beach?

Sam - I just invested in a 9 cup Stainless steel perculator coffee pot for just this event. I had to call my Mom to learn how to use it.I have tried a couple of pots on the stove, and I have to say it was pretty daggonit good. Better than my regular "Mr. Coffee" brew.

I will be set up with Esox and FFEMTREED so stop in for some if you are near by. I am sure it will be on all night and day.

Mostly I just boil water and make instant. Sometimes do the perk thing which is so much nicer but more like work. Sounds like a good turn out this year. Sam you doin the Striper Tourney this year?

Mine comes straight out of the bottle. Usually aged 18 years. A bit of scotch and red bull goes a looooonnnnngggggg way.:happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3:

Sorry Sam, I couldn't resist. If you want some of my "coffee" look out for us.

I use those coffee singles, like tea bags. Makes a fair cup, way better than sumthin' that's been sittin' in a pot for a tide and a half.

Mine comes straight out of the bottle. Usually aged 18 years. A bit of scotch and red bull goes a looooonnnnngggggg way.:happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3:

Sorry Sam, I couldn't resist. If you want some of my "coffee" look out for us.

Now that's my kind of coffee Phil.

I use a French Press. It can't be beat for camping/hunting/fishing etc. Usually small, I have a couple glass and a couple plastic ones. a few scoops of grounds, some boiled water and you have one of the best tasting cups of coffee around......Be careful...its easy to use too much coffee and make....hmmmm....what was it called?????? Oh yeah "NUCLEAR COFFEE" :)

Sounds good! Thanks for the advice.

Sam you doin the Striper Tourney this year?

Yep, Nov 10-11.

I use a perc about $20 on a single burner coleman, works right good! It's all in the coffee you buy though, got some cheap stuff and just about choked it down, stole the good millstone stuff from the wife and it was great!

Best tip I have for staying awake both while driving and fishing is sunflower seeds, it gives your mind something to work on...try it, I've converted a ton of people. Only drawback is making your thirsty and after about 10 hrs straight will chew your cheeks up pretty good.

I use a French Press. It can't be beat for camping/hunting/fishing etc. Usually small, I have a couple glass and a couple plastic ones. a few scoops of grounds, some boiled water and you have one of the best tasting cups of coffee around......Be careful...its easy to use too much coffee and make....hmmmm....what was it called?????? Oh yeah "NUCLEAR COFFEE" :)

I will vouch that Jeff makes the best coffee on the beach! I will also say that nuclear coffee brought us some fish as well. If I remember correctly Trowpa,Fish-Aholic and I where just starting to sip on that coffee when we noticed Fish-aholics friend (Andre) trying to get a rod free that was stuck to the bottom. Well needless to say Jeff fought a HUGE ray for like 45 minutes until we lost it in the wash.

my wife got me a road king 12vdc coffe maker plugs into the cigar lighter. reserve part of the cooler for a 1gal. jug of water and coofee, filters, and other fixins if i had a 12v out at the back of the truck icould brew up on the tailgate. It does'nt take much space and takes the standar #2 FILTERS FROM THE STORE.

Merlitta 8 cup brewer. I think the spelling is right....

Plug it in to the inverter and away we go!

Doesn't have a bottom warmer, saves on the battery power. Hot enough for a hour if you put it in a travel mug or summin'.

Those 12 volt thingamajigs I've used are a waste, takes 30 minutes to brew. But, someone may know of a decent one.

But plain and simple, the 12 volt takes too long to brew.

Just take a pinch o cracked beans like a good ol chaw. Thatll keep ya going strong... :blob8:

I am a boil water/instant guy... the coffee stinks but its easy!!! and when my little girl wakes up... VOILA Oatmeal for breakfast!:icon_rabbit:

Well, I got a little propane grill and a peculator. Excellent!