20 posts in this topic

Waters are finally starting to cool and the fishing is slowly picking up.

For those entering in the Harbor Tackle Red Drum Tournament, good luck!

Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Its looking like a comfortable weekend on the beach, weather.com has the winds forcasted up to 11:00am on saturday. Looks like 2 -3 MPH winds that are swirling. Starting S then S W then S E then N then N E and etc. Not sure it good for fishing but at least we won't be pitching 10's and 12's and praying they hold.

Speaking of the tournament if anyone wants to meet up for a nice dinner somewhere when its over at 3 let me know, maybe we can get a group of us together! that should make for some good times.

very true, just saying blue bird days don't necessarily mean 8oz or less so be prepared in case it gets moving.

With that wind shift to south after this pronged NE my guess is there will be some serious fish caught. Might take a tide to shift current after the switch Thurs but should be some easy holding. I only throw 8s or more but I might buy somes 6s for ease on my old bones. Setting up for the perfect bite. Only issue with all the beach traffic at night lights will be all over the water which really spooks these fish. Hopefully most folks will be settled down after dark. Hope HT got enough judges. They earn their keep thats for sure.

Oliver and Dave-you guys judging?

Only issue with all the beach traffic at night lights will be all over the water which really spooks these fish. Hopefully most folks will be settled down after dark.

Hint Hint... Dave, you are awesome with the subtleties. :icon_wink:

CG ya I'll be helping Bev and Terri out again this year the first night for about 12 hours or so, and if things go right maybe some time on Sat.

Good luck to all.

Fished in the tourney and left Saturday early afternoon not feeling the greatest. Blues, sharks, skates and a ray for my efforts. I think I slept more than I fished.

Catchem up guys, still time!

Fished pretty much all weekend with Esoxangler and Grossy. Lots and Lots of blues, you could pretty much catch them at will anytime of the day. They made for some nice fresh bait. Got bitten off a couple time during the night, hooked in to one HUGE ray that I couldn't budge even leaning back and putting all my weight into it. I fought it for about 10 minutes and then just did the whole walk backward towards the dune. It wasn't worth fighting during a long stretch on the beach. Skates seem to be making a comeback now that the temps are dropping. Seen a small doggie caught as well. The only real downfall to the weekend was the grass on Saturday, if you didn't change your bait every 15 20 min it got full of grass and dragged down the beach. All in All it was an extremely nice weekend to fish. Saturday night I didn't even put my waders on, I was in shorts the whole night.

SAM --- Thanks for the assist last night!

PS -- if anyone gets the chance to fish with Phil (esoxangler) for an exteneded session, don't plan on keeping up with him. He is an absolute fishing MACHINE!

SAM --- Thanks for the assist last night!

PS -- if anyone gets the chance to fish with Phil (esoxangler) for an exteneded session, don't plan on keeping up with him. He is an absolute fishing MACHINE!

No Problem!

Yes, Phil is one of the toughest guys I've ever met.