8 posts in this topic

At it hard, all day Friday, Saturday and 1/2 day on Sunday, Monday off, then back at it tonight for a few hours.

Reds elusive for the most part from the beach, but can be had as I know of a few. If you brave the crowd (wait in line to cast on some days) there has been some at LIP.

This is what I have heard being reported at LIP:

Wed - 2

Thurs - 5

Fri - 2

Sat - 18

Sun - 10

Mon - 12

Tue - 4 (as of 8pm)

Bucket, Parko03 and myself hit the beach tonight for a few hours, but a howling stiff NE wind at 25mph sustained and some higher gusts kept us out of reach. Current started to rip and 10 oz was just a sliding down the beach.

Taking a day off again tommorrow (maybe) and will fish the back side of this blow whenever it stops.

Dixie - i admire your persistance - good luck! I expect to see you post a pic of yourself w/ a nice red soon!

One of these years I'll join the hunt too!

FOR THE RECORD,LET ME STATE ::::: I WAS THERE......I GOT SIDETRACKED IN THE PARKING LOT BY SOME BONEHEADS COMING OFF THE PIER,ABOUT 7 OF THEM......AFTER BS'ing W/ THEM FOR 45 MINUTES IT WAS ALMOST DARK AND NO ONE WAS CATCHING IN THE SAND BLIZZARD......I SAW YOU GUYS IN HOODED JACKETS AND SUCH, I WAS NOT DRESSED FOR THAT CAUSE I WAS STILL IN SHORTS AND A T-SHIRT. ITS IS STEVE'S FAULT CAUSE HE RUSHED ME TO GET OUT THERE WITHOUT GOING HOME FIRST FOR PROPER CLOTHING......I WENT FROM CATCHING BAIT TO THE PARKING LOT.

JUST SO YOU KNOW I WAS THERE.....I DID THIS FOR YOU-

clear.gif

I HAD THE BEST BAIT IN THE WORLD TOO, MAN IT WAS FRESH. I MEAN ALIVE AND FRESH STILL SWIMMING IN THE COOLER DUDE !

LiveMullett-1.jpg

HAD SOME ON ICE TOO- EVEN GOT A FEW NICE SCHRIMP IN MY CAST NET YETSERDAY TOO ( AND A FLOUNDER ABOUT 8 INCHES LONG- TAGGED A SET FREE )

BaitIced-1.jpg

NiceSCHRIMP-1.jpg

I will make freezer packs like the ones I gave you the other day Steve, fresh frozen is better than none at all !!

Got sidetracked by gerald and Brandon huh???:icon_tongue:

Yeah, it was just a blowing it butt off....

Let's make a trip back to that bait hole later this week and get some bait!

i saw gerald but no brandon- the old guy from africa with his 5 kids is who held me up- remember him ?

I gave the refuge a shot yesterday morning for a couple of hours. Stiff NE wind at 20 mph, with higher gusts. 8oz held bottom, but the surf was rough as hell and I didn't get a nibble.

I need to get out and purchase me a pair of waders SOON!!!!!!!!!

This is what I have heard being reported at LIP:

Wed - 2

Thurs - 5

Fri - 2

Sat - 18

Sun - 10

Mon - 12

Tue - 4 (as of 8pm)

Wed - 5

Thurs -16

Fri - 1

Today - None as of 8:37am