28 posts in this topic

I know I've posted about these before but they work great :!:

price is anywhere from $.99 up to @$5.00 and can be found in most tackle stores.

we use them alot, our I should say my wife does and she catches alot of fish which keeps her interested in fishing. I do alot of "live bait" fishing in the bay and down at the beach. they are easy to rig, sometimes instead of a weight at the bottom, I'll put on a swimming bait like the Calcutta's for extra action. now the flip side, great for kids (wives & girlfriends too, wth short attention spans) as they do catch fish which keeps the young ones interested/occupied longer.

I saw several varities of them in BPS, wouldn't know which one to buy or what the toodles to do with it.

I guess fishing from the sand isn't the best way to use them?

I use the Mustad ultra point in size #4 "flasher rig" or "tri-color rig"

they have 5 and 6 hooks on them and sometimes I cut them down to 4 to cut down on tangles and due to the length, so the wife can cast them easier.

don't know how they'd work in the surf, work great from piers, jettys or boat.

when we get down to the beach inna' few weeks, we'll try them out in the surf and see :wink:

12 different rigs for 10.00 on ebay....it took them a little longer to show up than I had thought, but the appear to be pretty good quality. We'll just have to wait and see when I get them in the water. Honestly, I couldn't live without the sabiki in my box.....

Someone post a pic for those of us who don't know what they are or what they look like. please.

never used them, but ive always wondered if they were legal in md. are they considered a lure?

that 2 hook rule can be confusing

wasnt sure,

but just because things are sold in md, doesnt mean they are legal, there are spring loaded crab traps in many stores, and dont get caught using them.

wasnt sure,

but just because things are sold in md, doesnt mean they are legal, there are spring loaded crab traps in many stores, and dont get caught using them.

Now that's just plain weird.....

Sell something that can't be used, hmmm.....

Kind'a makes ya think that because you can buy it, you can use it.

But crabs are a regulated species, bait fish aren't.

Unless someone can point out otherwise to me.

There's ALWAYS some weird law someplace that ya miss seeing.

well this is from the dnr page, and what makes me question it

IN TIDAL WATERS OF THE STATE IT IS UNLAWFUL:

4. to use more than two (2) hooks or two (2) sets of hooks for each rod or line. Artificial lures or plugs with multiple hooks are considered one (1) set of hooks.

If you stretch it, the Sabiki could be considered an artificial lure.

Found a newspaper article from last year that says the 3+ hook Sabiki is a no-no.

I know darn well that it's a no-no for game fish.

I have written MD DNR stating that it would be used for bait fish and will post their reply.

cant wait to see the answer!

this has been debated more than oce on differerent boards.

Looks to complicated to me.

yeah i went to the comar too, kinda difficult isnt it, lol

maybe it has to-do wth hook size? as some of the larger Sabiki's are only a 2 hook set-up and also" back in the day" when the Boston Mackeral run occured off the beach, wern't 3 and 4 hook rigs used for those :?:

I'm just gonna' blame Randy, he started it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:lol: well thanks for gettin' out the shovel Steve and diggin' this-up :up:

but I don't use em' the wife does, so if anyone gunna' get in dutch wth the Fed's, it's her :oopsp:

NICE, REAL NICE. Might I ask, who is going to cook and clean for you if I go to the Federal Pokey????????????????????????????? :nurse:

Haha, yeah Randy, but guess who's boat they confiscate that she's fishing on..... :lol:

I haven't heard back from them. If I don't by Monday, I'll write again but to a specific person.

:lol::lol: [smiley smilie=4 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=AACCEE shieldshadow=1]I'm glad I'm not involved![/smiley]

ah, hey wifie :?: whats-up wth the "1/2 of a 2003 Sea Pro" in your sig, ummm what half do you own if Im making ALL the payments:?:

It's the same 1/2 of my Escape that lets you thinkyou can drive it like a crazy person.:)

It's the same 1/2 of my Escape that lets you thinkyou can drive it like a crazy person.:)

ahhh, ok :oopsp: but Im still in charge :piratecap: now.... :ontopic:

You guys are cracking me up. Mrs. SRS, we need to get you an avatar. Tell that husband of yours to hook you up.

you kiddin' :| she is the computer pro in this household :lol: I suxx at this computer stuff :oops: