5 posts in this topic

Found this forum doing a search, looks great. I plan on coming to the Pawleys Island area the first of October for my honeymoon. She said I could fish for one day!! I plan on fishing from the bank/piers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Never fished saltwater, freshwater all my life.. Any tips on what types of lure and where to go? Or if anyone is willing to take me out, Ill pay for food and gas.

What types of fish are biting now. I have some heavy bass and striper tackle I plan on bring down, anything else I will buy when I get there. Thanks in advance Michael..

Well, Welcome Aboard:icon_salut: and Congrats on tying the knot, of sorts:eusa_dance:

I can't give you any usefull info about that area but there are others on here who have fishes there and will offer-up some info for you:glasses1:

Welcome aboard, Michael. Congrats on getting married!

You can find a charter fishing boat in South Carolina at Little River and Murrells Inlet on the Grand Strand, Georgetown and Mt. Pleasant near Charleston and Edisto Beach, Beaufort and Hilton Head Island. The best fishing is from March to November. During this time, you can puppy drum, bluefish, sheepshead, king and Spanish mackerel, flounder, and Atlantic croaker. From June to October, you can catch Florida pompano surf fishing or from a pier. You can catch Pinfish, kingfish and Spotted sea trout all year round. Fish bait used: shrimp, mullet, sand fleas, cut bait. To catch big fish like Tuna, sailfish and shark, you will have to charter a boat to the Gulf Stream. You wont need a fishing license to fish off a pier but you will need it to fish elsewhere. Good luck!

I talked to one guide down in the area. Way to much, and I didnt want to go off-shore. Ive read on here @ 14-15 ft rods, are they needed? I planned on bringing a 6.6 Loomis spinning rod med/hvy with a Stella 3000 10ln test. Will this work OK? I also have a few muskie rods, and some hvy duty striper rods. Thanks again for the help...

for the best experience in one day I'd pony up and fish for some reds inshore. Plenty of guides down there and probably the most prolific population of redfish on the east coast (under 40"). You can probably get them out front as well in Oct but the odds aren't great. I checked in June and the rates were about $250 per day. No need to take your own tackle either. By the time you bought more gear etc, it won't be that much more. With 6 and 7ft rods you'll be limited to pier and pompano fishing IMO.