4 posts in this topic

If you need to stock up for fall fishing, now is the time to go get them. I have never seen them so thick in 25 years. I filled up my bait cooler in about six casts. They were stacked up along the south jetty.

Hey Flatfish, can you give me directions on how to get there? I am from Virginia and have heard about the fantastic fishing in your area.

Are the blues still running? I know they like the mullets too, and the stripers, are they still around? We are waiting for the red drum run which is due to happen any day now and the mullets are PRIME treats for these hungry monsters ranging anywhere from 40 to 60 lbs.

So if you could give me some directions, I'd really appreciate it. I'll be coming from Washington D.C. area so I'll be coming up 95North to get there and that is where I need your help.

Thanks Flatfish!!

The inlet is between Rehoboth Beach Delaware and Ocean City Maryland on Rte 1. Mapquest should be able to give you directions right from your front door. There are still keeper flounder and small stripers and blues to be had, with an occasional keeper striper. Striper, blue tog and trout fishing all will improve as the water cools. The mullet should be in the inlet for another month or so.

We are on the Bishopville Prong, Backwater of the St Martin River.I was surprised to find them in my minnow trap along with small spot this past week end.