8 posts in this topic

Just in case you haven't heard or read elsewhere all over the internet, "the run" has started here at the Virginia Beach ocean front with the reds heading south ... some 20 big reds (>40" fish) have been C&R'd off the Sandbridge pier in the last 3 days along with a few big cobes BigFishgif-1.jpg

Blues have been thick and smaller reds coming off the beach too! rocking_reportgif-1.jpg

Figure the pier will be too crowded so I'll see ya all on the beach somewhere. Now if the drum gods will only smile down upon me tomorrow yesgif-1.jpg

drum `bucket

That wind was howl'n 20+ on the beach tonite on Dixie and I. We stayed till 8:30 at least !!

and I'm headed back out agin now for some more punishment!

Hope I can appease the Drum Gods!:eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

ok, someone please explain this to me....The Drum Run has started with the fish heading south....I notice this every year, but never ask....It seems that down there your Drum start running earlier than they on AI, and with them heading south...Where do the Drum we catch (or try to catch as it seems most of the time) come from/go to?

I tried to call Dixie to meet up with him but he wont answer his phone.......I WONDER WHY ?

fishing-1.jpg

I was surprised at the early start this year. Granted it is usually around Mid-Late September, but the water temps are still up (or were).

This blow from the N and NE will surely start everything moving.

As far as the migration goes, these fish here will now go down to the OBX and then a bit further to hold for the winter and then come back up in the spring.

Went out to Sandbridge this AM and nothing to show. Still blowing pretty good and some grass that you had to fight. I'm worn out from the past 2 1/2 days of running and gunning only to come up empty.

I'll let this blow finish then fish the backside of it in hopes of getting some reds.

LIP had 2 landed as of 11am today!

IF and that's a big IF, the fish are leaving the bay then Virginia beach is much closer than Assateague Island as the fish swims. The color of the fish at Virginia beach is different then the Assateague Island fish usually. Gold vs silver so the Assateague Island guys may be ocean or VBI stock rather then the CB.

my $.o2

I know that LIP was at it agin today with 10 by noon.....no idea what the count is now.

Gotta wait yer turn there, so be prepared for 35+ people jammed packed at the end of that little pier! :confused3:

Me, I'll keep my toes in the sand as I know the beach has been nice to one who was paitient yesterday. Seen plenty of pups landed from the suds as well!

Be at the south bath house tommorrow night if anyone wants to join us! :icon_thumright: