15 posts in this topic

me and the wife will be visiting Kiptopeeke state park from wensday thru sunday was wondering what is happening down there in the way of fishing. i will be bringing a small 16'skiff. just wondering what is the best fish to target this time of year and is the lower bay the spot to fish? or oyster area? not looking for specific spots or honey holes just trying to narrow thing down a little this is my first time fishing the area, but i am a saltwater veteran and usually fish the Delaware bay and Indian river area. Thanks in advance

Wow, you could be in the right place at the right time!

If the bay permits it, the CBBT is right around the corner.

Spot should start their mirgation here after this N/NE Blow, and the Reds will be HOT on their tails!

Some flounder should be available for the picking and at night maybe a few trout as well.

If you can take your skiff around fishermans island you just may wind up in hog heaven with the Reds!

Hey Dixie

We are on are way and should be fishing tomorrow i will post a report when we return on Monday. I think my first stop is going to be Chris's B&T and see if she has any advice to offer and fill the bait cooler. It looks like the weather Gods will be on our side for the time we are there, the NE. winds are suppose to lay down finally and with a little luck we should getting into something. Look for the report on Monday

no matter what the winds are you can fish around the concrete ships. when you launch your boat at Kiptopeke State Park you will see them.......spot,croaker,flounder,taugs.......if the water is calm enough you may be able to get a few big reds like dixie said. always a chance theres a lagging cobia in around the concrete ships too.

aerial-1.jpg

hey racn......this is striper0, fished with ya last spring at rudee. We are from up in Chas, WV. Member me? How's kicks man?

We'll be down at Rudee the weekend of 10/11- 13....hope ta see you guys round bout there. Have the big yellerbellies showed in the inlet yet? Rory still fishin n catchin? Welp, better bolt, Ya'll have good one n hope to see ya when we arrive. Gotchas do it betta!!!

Of course I remember you man, Log Cabin pancake boy !! By the time you get here the big spot will be too. I been hitt'n the beach while waiting on the water to cool off for striper in November. I lost my phone at the tower since you were here so you will have to call me when ya get here- 757 685 4811- jamie

As far as Rory goes he never was much on "catching" and his "fishing" leaves alot to be desired....I bet I can count on 1 hand how many times he was went in the past 3 months-

Lets fish and eat some breakfast !!

Rory.......Bwahahahahaaha! Tanks fer the new dingwa#, will give ya a shout when we round the bend. Lata

Well we had a great time. Thursday breezy and drizzle left the ramp and tried the ships caught 4 sea mullet, and 2 blues, Friday more small stuff until the tide slowed and the wife catches a 22" flounder,15 minutes later i get a 21.5 and a few minutes later a 19 then they shut off at the tide change. Saturday was the best weather wise so we took a ride to fishermans island no drum but did get a few trout and a 20" flounder. Sunday fished the ships again due to high winds and got more sea mullet and four blues. The people and the area were great we ate fresh fish all weekend and had a few cold ones back at the campground. We will be back.

There ya go Jim !! Glad I could help ya get on some fish !! Those ships hold fish YEAR ROUND !!!

Shhhhhhhh....dont tell the southside Virginia people tho !!

We really liked the place the beach was nice too i like how you can pull up on the beach take a dip and back to fishing. Most people fishing were complaining they were not catching many keepers. We did great for our first time there. It didn't seem like there is much to do except fish but thats why we like it the wife loves fishing as much as me. Fresh fish, cold beer, campfires, friendly people its a real shame i have to work for a living. Thanks for the info

WORK ? oh gawd dont say the W word to me ........I gave that up last year !!

Glad you enjoyed the trip and hope you get back there next year!

Nice work on them flatties...mmmmm tasty!

usually get some tautog on the east side o that pier when the water cools a bit, like clams. How was the bug situation while you were there?

Bugs were not an issue a few black flies but not to bad i think the stout east wind kept them in check. i may go back this weekend