6 posts in this topic

Person Drowns While Fishing in Worcester

09/08/2007

OCEAN CITY - Police say a person drowned Saturday evening while fishing in Worcester County.

The Bureau of Investigation says it happened at Old Bridge Road and Sinepuxent Bay at a place known as "stinky beach" near Ocean City.

Authorities have not released the victim's name pending notification of family members. The person's age and sex have also not been released publicly.

This is very sad. I hope everyone remembers to be extra careful while fishing from boats, jetties and even the beach.

Sorry to hear this. Wonder how it happened? Been awhile since I've been there but from what I can remember it gets deep quick and the current rips through there.

the channel is close to the beach in one area, especially if he walked around the bend at the end.

I know the person that died, from what I have heard it seem that he slipped on the rocks and hit his head while fishing. I have fished that spot many times and have almost taken some spills myself it just lets you know how lucky you can be and that you should all ways be careful.

Best wishes to his family and friends.

Such a horrible thing for his family. He goes out to enjoy some fishing and doesn't come home. Just so suddenly, he's gone.

I realize it may look "sissy", but I would consider wearing a PFD in areas such as that.

Or getting some korkers. Sad to hear...

korkers.jpg.39df587c75a17a185b3b9a85e9c8