6 posts in this topic

WOW!

Just had my AFAW 13' Beach finished this week and took it out tonight for a few practice cast to break it in with my 525 Mag.

Since I did not know how the rod would load or fit my casting style for that matter, I started off with 6oz tied to 40# leader and 17# Sufix Tri, Mag setting on six.

Casted it at about 75-80% of what I normally would and 6oz shot out like a freaking champ. Even with the mag setting on 6 and holding back, it went deep in my spool.

Knocked the mag setting down to 4 and put a touch more into the cast......:shock:......Holy cow, this rod rocks!

Later, I switched over to 8oz and kept the Mag setting on 4. Still holding back not knowing what 8oz would do I let her go at it again. No doubt, the deepest I have ever been into my 525 Mag before. Wish I was at a casting field to measure, but I was tossing out into the bay at NOB. I would estimate it gave me at least 20+ yards out of the gate.

All I can say, is that when I can spend some more time dialing in this rod with a few reels it's gonna be amazing.

No doubt, my initial thought on this rod is it's worth every cent!

Drooling to go out again and land a drum on it here soon!

Ahhh... That sounds gooooood!

Yep it's amazing Sam.........

I have the tip plus 7 guides on top and no guides on the butt section for now.

Can always put one down there if I wish to later.

yeah i want one lol

Nice Dixie. Glad you like it...How would you compare it to your 1569(s)?

excellent! You've only scratched the surface...

gonna need a new reel though, that 525 won't have much left once you start really banging those casts out there.

gonna need a new reel though, that 525 won't have much left once you start really banging those casts out there.

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday when I looked at my spool in amazement. Either need to go down to 14# or 15# line or start getting my SHV (now with knobby) under control as it gives me fits!

Guess that's a good problem to have!