5 posts in this topic

YO YO DS422......HOW DID YOU DO IN BACK BAY TODAY ? SORRY I COULDNT GO WITH YA SINCE I HAD MY APPT AT 11.....AFTER LUNCH I WENT AND STAYED CLOSE......HERES MY REPORT......

.............................................................................................

I tried to get up with Dennis so we could tag a few of his little speckled trout friends off the beach where Duck Inn used to be since he has the key the gate.......He was too busy to accomidate me so I was going to have to go it alone.....I am not a trout kinda guy.....so I stopped by my bait hole and got a few fresh bait cause I wont (CANT) catch any trout........I went around the corner from the trout hole of his and tagged a few puppy's ......9 of them as a matter of fact. I have tagged 100's of drum and never once ate one. Today I brought just 1 home to try on the grill, it was a cute 24ISH incher.....the only 1 all day in the slot.....2 were OVER and 6 were UNDER so 8 of the 9 fish I got are back out with tags......OK OK so I ate a red drum, now I can say I have, wont have to do that again.....2007 had been a year of first for me...first time I ever ate a spot,bluefish,tilefish,yellowfin and now a drum.

BAIT: 1 THROW

puppydrum006-1.jpg

DINNER:

puppydrum010-1.jpg

clear.gif

Nothing happened at all at the refuge today. I gave it almost two hours and then I briefly strolled on the beach looking for some fishing holes. I didn't find any holes, but that doesn't mean there aren't any there because I suck at reading the beach :dontknow:. Could not hold bottom with 8 oz., there wasn't any bait in the water today and the water was dirty.

Glad to hear you caught some. :icon_thumright:

Dixie let me know when your gonna be around the ocean front again......I'll show ya

Beautiful fish, Jamie!

Thanks as always :icon_thumleft: