18 posts in this topic

Just got done with my second build. Fusion Magnum,Fuji SiC guides with black and copper wraps and some copper marbling. I left the butt plain and simple for grip replacement ease.

100_1375.jpg.53f13b00c18293913a41c8754cf

100_1379.jpg.1f88f79345cc98bb14518fc6fbb

100_1381.jpg.a075bf8964157e6f74fc06123bb

That is awsome! I am getting a large order of RS blanks in and want to give this a shot. I really like the affect. Any suggestions?

Coop it's pretty simple.Buy whatever color of Testors model paint you want. Don't shake it up, let it seperate and pour off the clear carrier. Do your wraps and color perserver if needed. Mix up your finish. Put a small amount in a seperate cup and add a little bit of the Testors pigment in it and stir it up. Apply your clear finish, let it get leveled out then take small dabs of your colored finish with a toothpick and put it where you want. The above pictured rod was simple black wraps with copper trim then I put the copper pigment in little streaks here and there and hit it with a blow dryer while it was turning clockwise in the rod dryer then again with the blow dryer while it was turning counter clockwise and thats what I ended up with. Just random swirls. I have seen some pics where people get kinda fancy with the marbling and have specific patterns in it. Maybe I will see you on the beach during the HT tournement Coop. Stop by if you want.

Thanks, my next build I am going to try the marble effect. I'll look for ya in 2 weeks. Thanks again.

Not sure I could fish with something so purdy. Think I would hang mine above the fireplace just for lookin at. Cool effect. I am pretty rough on my rods with that plate I have to wear but that diamond wrap on my handle didn't last 2 trips. The shrink wrap teflon stuff has worked well for my abuses.

Not sure about that x-flock shrinkwrap myself CG,even though I know I'm not as hard on my equipment as you. That's why I didn't put any wraps at the ends of the grips in case it shreds off there I can put something else on there easily.