8 posts in this topic

Well I got a call today from Walt Tegge/Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge and the surf fishing from the beach during the nighttime hours in October 2007 has been cancelled.

I won't go into all the details, but this is coming from Washington, not Back Bay. They hope to issue a press release here in the next few days if not sooner on the issue.

Trust me when I say they did everything right and were just as disappointed as us that all the hard work everyone has put into this will not be seen this year. They even had everything ready to go and already printed the car passes and other material for the event, but just found out today it will not happen.

I feel like I just had the wind taken from me and am very bummed as I put alot into this as well. I know it's not thier fault so I am not angry at them, it just a very unfortunate sitution and all Federal Refuge's have been told to not make any changes to Hunting or Fishing within the refuge for the rest of 2007. Nothing we did, nothing we can do!

However, Walt Tegge did say this process will begin again next year and the Refuge Staff is very excited about pushing this program along!

As soon as I see the Official Public Notice, I will pass along to all. Please hold all comments to the Refuge staff until we get the official public notice.

Take Care.:icon_pale:

damn, all because of some knuckle head judge in NC, the ripples are already being felt...

That is not good... Sorry to hear this.

Talked to Walt Tegge again this morning and is doesn't look like a press release will happen.

Press releases generally don't happen for things of this nature, but they were thinking about it.

Still a bunch of details I am trying to gather more information on, before I put out anything else out on the issue.