54 posts in this topic

Still some of the usual variety of summertime fish.

Feel free to post your fishing reports here, fish or no fish.

Fished south of the bull pen, on incoming tide. I caught a whip tail ray, and 2 blue fish.... one pan sized. At the pumps on the way out, I talked to another fisherman and he said he caught the largest croaker he has caught. In fact he thought it was a puppy drum.

Fished tuesday day and night around the south beach lot. Caught 7 blues all between 9-12 inches. Was getting hits almost as soon as the rigs hit the water.

Kayaked out a bait attached to the Penn 116 I got so cheaply. Found out it is not exactly in excellent condition. Either the drag works really oddly or it is pretty worn out, I was reeling in the line on a drag setting I thought would do it and the handle would just kind of turn with out taking any line in. It didn't feel like it was the drag working it just felt broken. I had to really crank down the drag to get it in. So I'm going to test it out around here and try and fix it.

During the night I managed to land a good sized ray on a casted half bluefish . I thought it was a shark cause it kept running and running and running. It didn't act like a ray at all. But of course it was one. Had about a 4 foot wing span. Not sure what kind it was though.

Its time albeit early. Gonna try some drummin this weekend. You know if they were coming from the north NE winds would be ideal but I think they are coming in from the SE ocean. Seems NE over the years has not been a good wind for them oddly enough but anyway Labor Day weekend I have caught a few and starts the season as far as I 'm concerned. But with such a nice beach weekend catching is secondary. With these onshores all week should be blues out of the wahzoo. Also NE should push the sharks south at least I hope so. I know its early but what the heck.

Its time albeit early. Gonna try some drummin this weekend. You know if they were coming from the north NE winds would be ideal but I think they are coming in from the SE ocean. Seems NE over the years has not been a good wind for them oddly enough but anyway Labor Day weekend I have caught a few and starts the season as far as I 'm concerned. But with such a nice beach weekend catching is secondary. With these onshores all week should be blues out of the wahzoo. Also NE should push the sharks south at least I hope so. I know its early but what the heck.

Very nice Dave, I hope you get at least one. If you get all the lurkers out early they'll lose their gusto and you'll have a clear beach when they get runnin good!

I can't tell you how jealous I am, I have a serious illness with this drum fishin'. I HAVE to fish, not just fish, I need to fish the suds, and not just fish the suds but drum fish the suds. I don't know how I'm going to pull it off but I will drum fish this fall...mark dem words. I feel bad too because I have a very cool little guy at home and a great wife, all I think about is those damn reds...can't shake em.

Ben,

You need help. I'll bring beer and sandwiches, would that help? lol.

I'm thinking I can leave for "work", head straight to the shore, fish 10-3 and be home normal time...6 hours of driving for 5 hours of fishing...I've got it bad.

it would be nice to read about red being caught this weekend`, I just can't bring myself to go on the holiday. my truck is gettin a face lift anyway, i'll see you-all in a couple of weeks .

hit the beach tue and got the skunk, went again last night and landed two medium charky, one 5 footer and one 4 footer. Honestly this has been a bad summer for the most part. I landed 4 shark this week alone and that is way more than i have caught all summer. Prior to this week I believe I only caught two. Also the blues were in abundance just prior to sunset. Managed 6 blues between the sizes of 12"- 16". Really lookin forward to my first red! Oh and before i forget, all shark were caught on bunker chunks and on drum rigs on my smallest rod and reel. a Tica 11 footer with a garcia abassador 5600, go figure!

The bucks place report on P&S , under maryland said there was a red caught this week on AI but no details, I'm going to be in VA so Im trying the VA side of AI.

We'll see whats bitten!

Chris