7 posts in this topic

Our party left the dock at 5:45 on Bills for Bills charter. My son and I were the deck mates on the charter. We went to the Baltimore Canyon early. We fished hard, the spread was correct, the ballyhoo were swimming correctly. We caught the skunk offshore. No one was catching offshore. We came inshore to the hot dog from 12:45 till 2:45 Nada. We hit the edge of the notch just north of the dog and went in and out of that line. At 2:30 we had a screamer, from the WWB the bird and ballyhoo, It pulled for 2 min and then nada, when we brought the bird in there were 2 teeth marks on it, and the leader was shredded down to the lure that was missing. Our thoughts it was a shark that hit the bird, teeth marks on it and the shredded leader. At 3:00 we had a screamer. After a 15 min fight we landed a 64' wahoo. The party was elated. We trolled another 45 min and came back to port. Great day, my first time as a mate. My son and I enjoyed the vicarious experience of this gentleman's largest fish ever and a State Citation fish as well. If given a chance I will do it again.

No one caught a tuna yesterday that I heard of, a couple of dolphin, another Yahoo, and one released White Marlin. Where are the tuna????

Sounds like fun! That is one big wahoo! Did you guys see any bait in the water?

Sounds like a good experience. Would enjoy that myself.

Your teeth marks are from the WAHOO that is all OVER the Dog, Ham Bone area.

The bite is EARLY morning or LATE DAY right now...

You need Wgted Islanders on a SLOW Troll right now... Rigs have to be WWWWB on EVERYTHING!

Good Report! You'll Catch 'em up! They are here just gotta find 'em.

Heard on the VHF radio yesterday that there was a "medical emergency" on the G M Giant and the coast guard was escourting them through the OC inlet. Anyone hear what that was all about?

I heard that a mate was gaffed. Interesting business this mate business is.

We did not see any bait in the water at the Baltimore, or at the dog. The screen was that blue. Teeth marks, there was only 2, kind of gnarly , and the shredded leader material.... like he bit the bird, and slid down to the bait.

I also heard the mate was fine.