15 posts in this topic

That's a big flounder! Great catch.

i saw they denied her the record because she admited to "leaning" the rod on the side of the boat

she used the boat to alleviate some of the pressure put on her by the fish, same as having people help you. I think it is a technicallity they used to deny her the record due to some serious suspicions. the fish looked like she caught it and dragged it to the bait shop behind the car...much like a fish caught in a net would look.

not to mention she said an "animal" got in her garage and ate some of it the nite before, needless to say they didnt find any racoons near her house when they went looking. if i run across the story again i will send the link over here -

Hey Jamie, any more news on this? :dontknow:

well Sir I hadnt really lookd into it anymore, and I have not read/heard anything on any of the other sites either -

If it is true that she did pass a polygraph test, that is saying something. Also, I know that I have had a few raccoons get into my trash cans and I am positive one had to use a crowbar.

However, I think this fish does not look like it had been munched on by any animal. I have pulled too many fish (some flounder) out of gill nets and they tear them up just like the one in that picture.

From what I heard, that picture and damage was taken BEFORE she claimed that the fish was "stolen" by an animal. The fish was supposedly taken from her cooler overnight from her garage.

I've read somewhere that fluke was not a legitimate catch.

there is no way that fish had been chewed on by any animal .

I live in the country and I've seen what coons fox and other animals will do to a fish . over night there would'nt be much left of that fish.

It looks more like rope marks on the tail.

If she really did catch it ,what did she do ,tie a rope around its tail and drag it back to land.

there is no way that fish had been chewed on by any animal .

I live in the country and I've seen what coons fox and other animals will do to a fish . over night there would'nt be much left of that fish.

It looks more like rope marks on the tail.

If she really did catch it ,what did she do ,tie a rope around its tail and drag it back to land.

Actually, the fish was chewed on after the weigh in, leaving what was left mutilated, as a result the fish could not be further inspected...which raised eyebrows along with other things. I believe she also held a record for another fish catagory.

I know I have caught some stripers that had some really roughed up red tails, but from what the b&t said, it still looked like a good fish...but who knows except for Monica. Apperently there was some problems getting the fish back to the b&t...not big enough cooler etc...,

Like Sam said, she did pass a polygraph and it was still not a legitimate catch by IGFA standards...I believe she had her pole against the boat or something like that which dq'd her catch.

I have read about the record striper caught in NJ....alot of doubt in that one too.

Man...I am so bored...I NEED TO FISH!

Edited by Coop

Man o man I feel sorry for who ever enters a world record. They get torn a new one. That guy in New Jersey who caught the world record Rock Fish said years later that if he had known all the suspicions and accusations about him cheating he wished he had never caught that fish. Same thing for this poor woman why would she tell the people about resting the rod if it was a gill caught fish. Why not just say she never rested the rod . Now she has to put up with people saying she got the fish from a gill net. :icon_scratch: