6 posts in this topic

Well new to me anyhow. Had to help someone move, and as payment I got an older PENN 4/0. Everything seems to work great just needs a little cleaning. Can't wait to get back out to the beach and try it out. On another note, we are moving in 2 weeks. We did a walk through of the house (Ciara currently has a tenant in there) the other night and I was looking at the laundry/storage room in the basement and well.....it appears I'm finally going to have enough room to set up a workshop so I can finish my rod and get my tying bench set up :)......

Hahahaha!!!! So here it is almost a year later and I finally remembered to pull the reel out of the bag I had it in and cleaned it up. Remarkably the reel was in great shape, just dusty. So I cleaned it up and spooled it with Trilene XL 30#. I can't wait to try it in a few weeks yakking out some baits.

5852a5247a038_CrankSide.jpg.dacaabd00d05

5852a5247fdda_SidePlate.jpg.f80ca4337202

5852a52483c1f_Spoolside.jpg.b80f72815861

5852a52489019_wholerod.jpg.ee8145efe5763

Hahahaha!!!! So here it is almost a year later and I finally remembered to pull the reel out of the bag I had it in and cleaned it up. Remarkably the reel was in great shape, just dusty. So I cleaned it up and spooled it with Trilene XL 30#. I can't wait to try it in a few weeks yakking out some baits.

I would replace the drags in that reel before i used it. I bet those old drags and dried out and all cracked!

yeah thats the gameplan...however until this wedding is over, I don't know if I'll be able to get the parts......I'm paying through the nose everytime I turn around for something else......Maybe I'll get a chance to pick up some parts when I head out there the 5th....I'd love a power handle for it.

Jeff, drag washers are really inexpensive. For my 9/0 they were about $12. I ordered them from Angler's Center I think....

Jeff, drag washers are really inexpensive. For my 9/0 they were about $12. I ordered them from Angler's Center I think....

Oh I know....but since I have a tenant who hasn't paid rent since the first of april, things are tight...I'm kinda wondering If I'm gonna have enough smokes to last me until Payday :)