12 posts in this topic

Found the most direct route to get there today for anyone that is interested in going. I plan on going out there this afternoon and will give an update tonight. I met a few older gentlmen down there today that said they were catching flounder, croaker, sea trout, and some small perch. Way better than ocean side at the cape for the time being. Of course, I told them about this website and they will be looking into it.

You take thomsonville rd to Bennet's Pier Rd. It may be farther than you think so stay with it it is about 6 miles off the Delaware 1.

I've caught quite a few flounder there in the past but not too many keepers. You can see the anchorage from there, so it's not far from some very productive waters. If you have a thrownet, you can catch mullet in the little creek before you get there, and there are usually spot in the surf if you can find a clear place to throw. Bennet's used to be a top spot to catch a tiderunner in the beginning of June too.

No luck tonight but there were a few bites. A couple valuable lessons for this place:

1) Avoid dusk! The bugs down there are out of control until the sun goes all the way down.

2) Keep a close eye on your bait. The foxes down there are very friendly and don't scare easy. Got some good pic of them though and will post them soon.

Bugs didn't really get any better the next time I went down. I did however, not listen to my own advice and was down there around dusk. I caught a lot of bait fish down there and got a few hits but again brought nothing in. I will try to get down to big stone beach tomorrow.

What kind of bait did you catch? Thanks for the info.:icon_thumleft:

I think they are striped mullet. It is most definatly mullet just not to sure on the kind. I would like to get out there and throw some live ones out on the end of the hook you know. I might be making may way down to bethany tonight.

Well there were actually quite a few people out tonight. There again were a lot of hit but this time instead of waiting on them to run with it I gave the line a tug. Caught several sand sharks down there tonight all on squid though I was throwing everything at them.

Found the most direct route to get there today for anyone that is interested in going.

You take thomsonville rd to Bennet's Pier Rd. It may be farther than you think so stay with it it is about 6 miles off the Delaware 1.

Thanx for the directions man, but I am still lost. I come up 13 N from Viriginia and turn right on RT 14 to go to Mom's next weekend.

Lets say I skipped 14 and went into Dover by the Air Base.....how do I get there from the base ? TKS

head south on 1 to thomsonville rd and follow the above directions from there. Thomsonville rd is going to be at a light on the left. To the right you will see Hertrich Toyota dealer. I do belive there is a ford dealer attached to that as well.

You are correct it is a Toyota Dealer and a Ford Dealer ( Brand New State of the Art ) .

There may be Office space too but not 100% .

I actually just left the Hertrich Dealer in Dover I was there for 2 years but I was getting sick of the flat rate pay !!

bennets peir has been very productive over the past few weeks (sorry i haven't been updating in a while) I have been going about 2 times a week. Blues are everywhere but I have been getting some small sharks, flounder, rays, trout, and with the throw net lots of close mullet. Well I will be going out tomorrow somewhere hope to update you then.