8 posts in this topic

caught my first blue marlin yesterday with captain Arch Bracher and mate Pat Bracher on the pelican out of Oregon inlet. caught it on a white marlin bait on a TLD 20 and he was about 200-225 pounds. we had anothe blue that was about 175-200 that stevie reeled in. great day.

Great Job dude, your 1 up on me as I've never caught a Blue, Black or Striped Marlin

Congrats, Matt!!! Very cool.:hello:

Nice, any pics? I thought Pat was a guide down in Florida. Those guys could cast a mile way back when before all this fancy equipment came out. First Drum I ever saw was in late 70s as the twins and the rest of the VA beach gang were nailing them down Okie way. Now I feel old cause that was probably before you were born. You had some pretty good experienced fishing addicts on that boat thats for sure. Great trip

Well you caught it with two very, very distinguished fishermen, that's for sure!

Congrats!

thanks. Pat is a guide down in the keys but he comes up here in early august to mate for Arch until the drum start biting and then he fishes for drum until he leaves after thanksgiving. I don't have any pics of mine but I should have 1 or 2 pics of the other one.

Yea I know he likes the planks. Guess all good drummers come home to roost. When its in your blood its in your blood.