5 posts in this topic

I bought the wife a diawa emcast plus 4500 last year, to go on a 10' tica.

spooled with 50lb tuffline braid, my first ever braid try.

treated this reel just like all my others. she used it mainly from stinky beach wehn i was ly fishing or for throwing from peirs.

it was rinsed after each use.

she had a penn 5500ss on a 7ft uglysick, and my 5500ss on a 7ft st croix. both spooled with 17lb iron silk

when i went to respool the penns, i l;ooked at the diawa and noticed some corrosion on the spool.

so i stripped it all off, yep lotta corrosion on the lips.

penns looked new.

does braid hold water that you cant rinse out? or is just lesser quality than the penns. ive never had this happen to any reel before. glad it had a 2nd spool.

Hmmm... I'm gonna have to look at mine now.

Braid is going to hold all the nasties more so because of all the "nooks and crannies" in the line, however small they are. Mono being "slick" doesn't as much. Yeah, a good hose pressure wash for the braid spools, but not the high pressure.

Braid is going to hold all the nasties more so because of all the "nooks and crannies" in the line, however small they are. Mono being "slick" doesn't as much. Yeah, a good hose pressure wash for the braid spools, but not the high pressure.

That's true. Picking grass out of a braided spool is much more difficult than mono. :x

well switched to 20lb iron silk for this year, can ya tell i like that line?

well see how this spool holds up,