ocsnapper

Summer Fling Report and Pictures!

10 posts in this topic

Did Oliver get to pass the beer glasses on or did they stay with him ????:icon_tongue:

I had a great time with everyone. It was a bit windy and of course, there were no sharks (Someone warned them again this year!) but very enjoyable and nice to see everyone. Trowpa caught a few blues and hard heads. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks to those who provided the food, ice, drinks and did the cooking and loading up. It was a lot of work for some of you and we really appreciated it.

Watching everyone yakking out baits was especially fun for me. I decided not to fish because I wanted to relax and catch up with folks. DaveH went out for the first time and did an excellent job. Phil plowed through some of the biggest breakers I've seen on AI. Coop cruised through like butter and Steve.... Well, Steve got his bait out there. :evil6:

We missed Oliver, Skylar, Randy & Barb, Bohica and Fred. Next time!

Oh, and a HUGE congrats to Ben (Charkbait) and his wife for the birth of their first baby BOY!!!

Nice to see you guys again! Thanks to Bill for bringing us down, and to everyone who brought food. Those waves sure looked big to me while yakking out. I thought I was in for a big crash a few times but that yak somehow got over them.

Safe to say that my first purchase after the 4wd will be a yak.:happy7::happy7::happy7:

Waiting on that drum tournament.......

I can't stop thinking about those sausages Bill brought, man, they were GOOD! Thanks to everyone who had a part in this little get-together, it was fun!

Congrats go to Esoxangler (Phil) for getting out there in those crashers. Yep, they did look bigger from the yak, didn't they?

A HUGE congrats to DaveH for making his very first ocean voyage, on a rough day to boot!!! You two did a great job out there, ya'll didn't wreck, which is more than I can say for an unnamed admin....

hehehehe

I didn't really wreck, I just wanted to cool off.... :D

Roger and I were the last to leave. We waited for the fire to go down. When we put it out, the stack of red coals was about a foot high! Good thing for a fire, the wind shifted and the skeeters came in.

More photos have been put in, hit Dave's link at the top of this thread. Nice pics of DaveH and Phil.

Once again, thanks to everyone!

WOW! What a great time. I enjoyed hanging out with everyone and meeting some of you for the 1st time. What a great group! I look forward to fishing with you again!

Great to see everyone again and to meet some new surf fishing freinds. Too Bad the fish were not co-operating with anyone else but Trowpa. But , Good job to Steve for nailing the ones he did.

Thanks for the compliments on the sausages and the rack. I will pass them on to the appropriate people.

Hope to see everybody at some point during the Harbor Tackle Red Drum Tournament.

Yep - another fine time with some of the nicest folks i've ever met. Thanks for Dave and DaveH for carting all the grills, etc as well as myself back and forth.

Yep, I did my best to supply you yakking types with fresh blues for bait....but still no sharks....go figure...

Thoroughly enjoyed it anyway....see you all next trip down!

Thanks to everyone who made this a success. My son and I made it out early, Dave nice to talk to you, and had a chance to meet new people on the board. The trouble is had to leave early as well. Is there a fall fling??? One small croaker for the effort..... Dave I think I am with you..... the fish will be here later in the fall.