5 posts in this topic

My son and I went to Back Bay this morning for a few hours hoping to fill out his junior angler award. He just turned 6 this past Monday so I really wanted to get it done today.

There were menhaden all over the place!!!!!! Adam must have caught over 2 dozen medium spot, several of which we kept for bait to use at a later date. Also a couple of croaker, roundhead and one skate (adam's first). We were just about to pack things up when we had a bite on our close rod rigged with cut spot. I was hoping for a blue or puppy. Adam pulls it in and it's his first bluefish and sixth different species for his junior angler award.

Had a great time out there today. Jamie (racn35) joined us for a little while......nice to see you, it's been a while since we fished together. The bite slowed considerably once the tide started going out.

Here's Adam and his first bluefish.

5852a5158bc50_IMG_3615(Medium).JPG.f5369

Great job, Adam! Those pics are priceless!

Yes good seeing you today and getting to fish with the kid, I could set and watch him reel in all the fish,what a perfect little gentlemen indeed.:icon_pray:

"The bite slowed considerably once the tide started going out." I think the bite slowed cause I showed up .......lets go back again soon.:eusa_dance:

I stuck with my bait from the other day and never got bumped at all :BangHead:.....no pups that far south as of late ? :crybaby2:

Nice job D!

Adam congrats on your achievement!

D,

You may have to get Adam a 525 Mag here soon along with a custom! He's learning fast...:3gears: