6 posts in this topic

Busted out of work a bit early today and grabbed the light tackle and headed to NOB. Was going to go to Dam Neck or Back Bay, but I was too lazy and didn't feel like lugging my stuff.

Caught 2 flounder both around 13" and released them on a red jig head/white gulp swimming mullet.

Went there in hopes of cast netting some mullet, but none to be seen except way out.

That's it, back to work tomorrow!

what a slack azz.....he calls me : says head south.....he does a U turn and go to yankeeville NOB while I head south to the promise land .....no wonder my cell didnt connect.....i caught lots of puppys in the surf up to 27 inches ( on Andys old garage sale rod/reel ) ....tagged 14 fish and set free. so come clean steve...who did you take with you now that bucket is out of town ? Rattler and Bill........no thanks I'd rather fish alone !!!

i did meet the CO of the bases daugter out there tho as she can catch fish too nd let me tag it -

reddrum_L-1.jpg

that's some flat surf man! How far do you need to wade to cast?

I am kicking myself!!:evil3::evil3::evil3::evil3::evil3:

I was freaking lazy and should have known after two days of N/NE wind that the pups would have been on the beach.

Charkbait, I'm guessing he tossed out a total of 30 yards maybe less as the pups have been right in the suds lately. Right past that first wave washing onto the beach.

Gosh darn it I'm still kicking myself!

Nice work Jaime, way to put me to shame! Good work with the tagging as well.

I'll know better next time!

so come clean steve...who did you take with you now that bucket is out of town ? Rattler and Bill........no thanks I'd rather fish alone !!!

Come now Jamie you Gary dont fish. He been invited to many times with Rory and myself on Sundays but hed rather sleep in.

pretty pup got your message jamie but i was on the ambulance and was really busy