6 posts in this topic

The light came on and then the motor to the system keeps running. Had to pull fuse to limp it home. 41,000 miles 2004 Chevy Silverado. Any info would help.

gonna need a lil more info to help. sorry.

It's totally drivable. The ABS just keeps the wheels from locking up during a hard brake. At least that's what it used to be for......

Maybe it's like Congress, added a bunch of nonsense to one good thing.

It's totally drivable. The ABS just keeps the wheels from locking up during a hard brake. At least that's what it used to be for......

Maybe it's like Congress, added a bunch of nonsense to one good thing.

I agree the ABS system will not affect the drivability of the vehicle but if you lock up the brakes you are more prone to skidding. but an ABS problem could be caused by a multitude of things such as water in the brake fluid or a bad wheel sensor or computer, just need to know more details on what exactly happened when it came on, is it a new occurance or is it a long term problem? when was the last time you changed the brake fluid? Have you had any work done on your vehicle lately? etc.etc.etc.

What about prolonged heavy towing with a lot of braking? What is the temp threshold for the fluid before it goes "bad" like transmission fluid? Or does it?

Hopefully it's something as simple as air in the line.

I have had no work done on truck and no heavy towing. I went to park truck and the ABS light came on. Noticed a loud noise under truck and the module was on when the truck was off. I pulled fuse. module stopped running and drove home just happened Sat Aug 11, since on the web finding out GM has a MAJOR recall for 1999 to 2002 models due to faulty ABS system failure including modules. My truck 2004 is not included YET! I also found that if the noise is coming from where mine is it is more than likely the module that is faulty it will not recieve the signal from the computer to shut off, just keeps running and if you dont pull the fuse it gets hot enough to boil over and it sits next to fuel lines! I know I can live without the ABS and still drive the truck however what a pain in the a22s

Dealer charges between 700.00 to 3500.00 to fix this problem but if you pull the module yourself and have it rebuilt at Circuit Solutions it will cost 150.00 and comes with a 5yr warranty. This is all I know about it so far. Any advice would be helpfull and am trying to get more info for you guy's.