16 posts in this topic

RS IMU876 @ 7'3" for offshore action and giant stripers in the bay. Built for spinning with braid with fuji all around and a gimbal'd butt for a biggun. Wrapped black over and under with gold trimmins to match his reel that's gonna get smoked by a tuna on the chunk...but good fun!

DSCF0164.jpg.5ae6805c67b6297bbaa3798bcc6

DSCF0165.jpg.4bb9f34458d3e71cd9109dbd7ac

DSCF0166.jpg.2a40a9e3effbabf726621891d85

DSCF0167.jpg.b3b8a2cb2f2b8b5d9fc1839ff0f

Sheesh!

This guy just keeps turning out beautiful rods!!!!

Fantastic work Ben, I see a full time job change in the future....

Do you have a room dedicated to rods?

Did you get the good dryer that you wanted?

Good thing you don't have a dog that sheds! :angry9:

I have an unfinished basement that is only frammed with power and lighting run, don't see a need to finish it yet. All the rod stuff is down there, I do need another dryer though, having one makes things take much longer then they need to and I waste a lot of epoxy, it'd be better if I could do more with one batch and it mixes better that way.

Don't make assumptions on dogs, I have 3 golden retrievers, I'm constantly cutting hair out of dried wraps and putting another coat on. crappy phone pics but you get the idea.

01-14-06_1627.jpg.433c5a46dd073ad3e1a385

01-15-06_1843.jpg.933141f5878459128fb4ba

08-10-06_1637.jpg.214e52db34418499f55845

Ben, I love the rod. Can't wait to use it. Thanx soo much. Might be too light for a tuna but It would be great for big stripers or black drum. You do very nice work.

Jake, I would think that pitching to dorado with that rod would be a blast, it may kill you on a tuna though. If you bumped up your reel, the rod is rated pretty high on line weight, I'd think a 40# would be a blast, 80# would be miserable.

The baby is home and every one is doing great.

I'm a little ragged though. With having a c-section the wife is pretty immobile so I'm nanny, nurse, and kennel master for the 3 dogs, not to mention a crappy house keeper.

It was quite an incredible experience.

I'm putting in some hard quality time at home now and for at least the next week so I may get a sympathy drum trip in eventually. If I have one day to do it I'll be down south with Dixie and the VA fellers though.

I'm putting in some hard quality time at home now and for at least the next week so I may get a sympathy drum trip in eventually. If I have one day to do it I'll be down south with Dixie and the Virginia fellers though.

You know we would glad to have ya! Free room and board at my pad so no need to make accomodations! 25 minutes to Back Bay from my house then we will be fishing!

Countdown has begun!

Congrats again on the baby!

Thanks Steve,

We'll see, I don't see me getting more then one day so I'll try and hit the greatest concentration of drummies.

No worries on the pad though, there's no sleeping during the drum run...Thanks!

At this point I'd say a trip to the suds is possible...just not probable:binkybaby:

The baby is home and every one is doing great.

I'm a little ragged though. With having a c-section the wife is pretty immobile so I'm nanny, nurse, and kennel master for the 3 dogs, not to mention a crappy house keeper.

It was quite an incredible experience.

I'm putting in some hard quality time at home now and for at least the next week so I may get a sympathy drum trip in eventually. If I have one day to do it I'll be down south with Dixie and the Virginia fellers though.

WOW, Congrats on the new Angler Ben !! any pics?

WOW, Congrats on the new Angler Ben !! any pics?

Thanks Randy,

I'll email ya some, unfortunately due to the amount of nutcases in the world today I'm going to keep them offline. It may not matter but if something ever happened cause of me beating my chest on the internet I'd never forgive myself. I'm already over exposed as it is.

Thanks Randy,

I'll email ya some, unfortunately due to the amount of nutcases in the world today I'm going to keep them offline. It may not matter but if something ever happened cause of me beating my chest on the internet I'd never forgive myself. I'm already over exposed as it is.

Ben, I totally understand. does the new bambino have a name?

Raymond Lewis Verner...pretty cool huh?

j/k wife wouldn't go for that or William Robert, she wasn't totally opposed until someone told her I wanted to call him billy bob...

I'll give you the stats when I send some pics