9 posts in this topic

St. Croix for jigging out on the left coast. Quite a B-day present from Randy to his brother. Fuji all around with a gold gimbal'd butt. The rod is actually an 'electric navy' with navy thread and gold trim. Single foot guides to allow the rod to articulate while deep jigging and catching large, tied in with a locking wrap. I didn't get a pic of it but it says jeff stinchcomb big kahuna in the logo decal, can't believe I missed that!

DSCF0156.jpg.a7ecd3679aa67791a077139b8ea

DSCF0158.jpg.7f48424c1dffe27ed980c92582a

DSCF0161.jpg.358dff0bf2af1e85e037519f291

DSCF0162.jpg.d59177eac73e249163306375a43

Very Nice! you are becoming a pro already. I wish I had the money laying around to get a rod from you. I spent all my money on Mag 525's this summer.

Thanks! Like most that I do I jumped in with both feet and have learned a ton so far. Getting pretty good at it for the most part, I have to say the biggest challenge is getting the epoxy right.

Prepping big surf guids ain't no picnic either.

I thought I'd have a desire to do more decorative wraps but I don't see the point in it yet. Its plenty purdy for fishing if you ask me, don't need another 10 hours in it to make it catch something.

Prepping big surf guids ain't no picnic either.

try a belt sander...100 grit...finish 'em with a polishing wheel

Been using a dremel but have tried the belt sander as well. Mostly use the dremel since its sitting right there. Some of those 50's take forever with that little guy. I'll have to take the belt out and leave it in the work area.

Prepping them is a pain, wrapping them is worse. Did a spinning rod last night with a 40 on it. I need to get some other thread then a, it's just too thin for those guides, I need to double wrap them.

Thanks A-Ton Ben:icon_thumright: gift was well recieved:happy2:

boats issues and weather kept him (and us) from doing ANY serious Fishing:icon_pale:

another subject for another forum at a later date:angry7: