5 posts in this topic

Ok, so apparently I've been not paying attention to my webserver and it crashed hard :) Oh well...good thing it was just an old piece of junk I had laying around and I actually had another laying close by.....So, I'm starting off from scratch With a fresh install of CentOS...anyone have any suggestions what to do with the site? I could install the same old stuff I had on there before, however I really don't think it was hitting on much :) So I'm open to ideas....

Ok, so apparently I've been not paying attention to my webserver and it crashed hard :) Oh well...good thing it was just an old piece of junk I had laying around and I actually had another laying close by.....So, I'm starting off from scratch With a fresh install of CentOS...anyone have any suggestions what to do with the site? I could install the same old stuff I had on there before, however I really don't think it was hitting on much :) So I'm open to ideas....

I hear you can make good money in the adult industry. Fishaholics Fishing Gone wild!

In all seriousness, how about a fishing WIKI type of site. Or maybe you can setup a site to allow all us to keep an online fishing journal that may or may not be viewable to the public.

I'm not trying to make ANY money...just want something that is useful for me as well as other people......The journal is a GREAT idea, I however don't have the code knowledge to build the database necessary for all that, however my brother does....lets hear some more ideas while I check with him on that :)

Save your money for gas in that boat and pipeline speed for your own personal browsing. I know you have it hooked up at home, it'll be slow outbound. Plus it's something else to have to keep up with, all the nasty stuff and sort that's out there now. A little too close you your other personal machines....

I played with that setup too, too much of a pain for so little gain.

Maybe turn it into a camera server that ONLY you can access from anywhere else.

We need a "Beating a dead horse" icon....

Seems like a duplication of effort. (hint-hint)

I sure wish I had your money and time Jeff....:BangHead: