12 posts in this topic

Don't care....I eat it anyway.

I just saw on the news that now they think that BBQ'ing your meat gives you cancer. Gimme a break.

I guess I'm gonna die of cancer.....

At most of our ages it doesn't matter anyway. Maybe it matters if you feed Swordfish to a 3 year old every week, yeah, maybe that'll matter for lead, mercury, PCB, whatever.

I didn't even read the article, I never do because it's just a bunch of fruitcakes trying to get more study grants and encourage us to join PETA and eat only fruit and nuts.

What? Ya wanna' live a hunnerd years in a bubble?

No thanks, now throw that Swordfish, hot dogs and burgers on the grill and pass the beer!

(*edit: ok, I read it on 8/13. Yeah, a bunch of kooks, I'm sticking with my original story above)

it's just a bunch of fruitcakes trying to get more study grants and encourage us to join PETA and eat only fruit and nuts.

They can all eat my twig and berries. lol.

Hear hear! good post Steve, I gotta say that I agree with everything you just wrote.

At most of our ages it doesn't matter anyway. Maybe it matters if you feed Swordfish to a 3 year old every week, yeah, maybe that'll matter for lead, mercury, PCB, whatever.

I didn't even read the article, I never do because it's just a bunch of fruitcakes trying to get more study grants and encourage us to join PETA and eat only fruit and nuts.

What? Ya wanna' live a hunnerd years in a bubble?

No thanks, now throw that Swordfish, hot dogs and burgers on the grill and pass the beer!

AMEN!!!!!!

There is no need for an apology. :)

There are concerns among a lot of folks regarding high mercury content in certain fish. Thanks for the info.:icon_thumright:

No apologies needed, it's good to stir up the blood!

It just seems to me that the "bad" fish always happen to be the ones another fruitcake is saying are being depleted.

Eat your fish and enjoy 'em Mr. Mom! You would probably be 114 before the effects of any toxins caught up to ya.

As for the young ones, yeah, I would do all the research you could from valid studies to keep the toxins out of them. I just don't think the earth defense league or whoever they are, would be a valid, scientific source.

Personally, I'm more concerned about living in urban smog. :icon_puke_l:

Mercury is also in dental Amalgam. With all the crap I been going through I had all 20 of mine replaced over 2 year period. Mercury was a common denominator in all my symptom research. I used to eat a lot of shark, big stripers and big drum also. Seems everyone has an agenda so its tough to get unbiased research data but one thing for sure once that chit crosses your blood brain barrier there it sits and sits and sits. With all the unknowns about auto immune diseases why take the chance.

Mercury is also in dental Amalgam. With all the crap I been going through I had all 20 of mine replaced over 2 year period. Mercury was a common denominator in all my symptom research. I used to eat a lot of shark, big stripers and big drum also. Seems everyone has an agenda so its tough to get unbiased research data but one thing for sure once that chit crosses your blood brain barrier there it sits and sits and sits. With all the unknowns about auto immune diseases why take the chance.

Thanks for the post, Dave. I know I could Google it, but could you please post some of your conclusions? Thanks

I have just written long winded post twice with many links and it keeps on getting erased. Not sure what I am doing but I am frustrated so may try later.

Just remember this : LIVING WILL KILL YOU ---hell if you listen to all the idiots anything and everything will kill you some how --- I say life is too short anyway so I'm going to enjoy every day the GOOD LORD gives me and fish and fishing is way high up on the list!!!

I have just written long winded post twice with many links and it keeps on getting erased. Not sure what I am doing but I am frustrated so may try later.

Was it on this site?