4 posts in this topic

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Ireland is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been....Unfortunately I didn't get to fish. The commercial trawler I was supposed to go out on was in dry dock for repairs. I did get to see it and its a beautiful wooden boat built in 1947. I have pictures and will get some uploaded later. I'm attempting to build a slide show with some music and will hopefully get a link to that so its a little more enjoyable. So, back to the fishing....I was supposed to go out friday night 5pm-11pm with a guy who "pot" fishes. Basically baited pots you never know what you're going to get, fish, crabs, eels, lobster etc...however Gale force winds and VERY rough seas that day prevented that trip from happening. Ciara's Uncle John was going to take me out on sunday, but didn't realize that we were leaving that day.........Oh well, no such luck, guess it gives me a reason to go back again. We did plenty of Drinking, I swear I need to Detox for a month at least.....Every night but one we at least had a few drinks.....Most evenings were spent at the pub drinking Bulmers Cider. I Did try a Real Irish Guiness, however those just sit too heavy for me. The taste was good....just can't get enough pints in me with those :) The town we stayed in was Ballinskelligs, which is a small community on the southwest corner of the island. There was an Old Abby, Graveyard, Castle, Fishing house, abandonded coast guard station, working pier, an old abandoned pier the british built (against the warnings of the locals that said it would never work in that location) and all the NARROW DRIVING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CAR ROADS you could ask for....Driving was definitely a challenge there. It was a really great trip and Ciara's family is absolutely wonderful.....they welcomed me like I'd been coming for years. I did have difficulty understanding some of them with the accent, but most of them slowed down enough so that I could catch what they were saying......Although it was a great trip, I'm glad to be home and can't wait to get out on the water again :) I may try and get out on monday since I'm off, but will definitely be down on lake anna with the kids and family doing some fishing, tubing etc etc etc while you all are at the beach for the summer fling!!!!!!!!!

Cool Jeff!!

Castles? They have castles, right?

I'd like to go there and Scotland.

Would love to try some real scotch!

Sounds like a great trip! Lets go with those pictures......