19 posts in this topic

With water temps warm, there are plenty of fish to be caught. Reports of spot, blues, croakers, kings and flounder have been caught in the surf. Plenty of the larger creatures roaming around as well.

The back bays have produced some croaker, flounder and blues.

Feel free to post your report here, fish or no fish.

Yaked out some baits last night. Managed a spinner and sandbar. We also got into some croakers for around 5 minutes. Everyone was hooked up and they just disappeared. Nice night fishing with everyone.

Same thing happen to us in the bay 2 weekends ago. We drifted into the croakers several times at different locations.Action was hot for several minutes then nothing. But what a blast for those few minutes.

Here are some pictures of Coop and his sharks. Great night for yakking (I decided to leave my big reels at home) :help:

5852a515105f2_8-7-07001.JPG.503e68b8213c

5852a5151389b_8-7-07002.JPG.fa5e46fe0043

5852a5151764e_8-7-07003.JPG.f5c8a39a5281

5852a5151c6c5_8-7-07004.JPG.585cf462475d

5852a5151fe88_8-7-07005.JPG.0a80bf4e5923

5852a515245ca_8-7-07006.JPG.e50c315f1159

5852a51527f0d_8-7-07008.JPG.255361450dcd

5852a5152e1a6_8-7-07009.JPG.83a5b02f0ecd

fished with daveh today, and him and his neighbor were into the flounder as i got skunked dave did manage one keeper nice job dave and thanks for the trip enjoyed it and look forward to the next trip

Hit the beach yesterday with some friends not much to report but we did manage to get 3 croakers the smallest being about 10" and the largest around 15" once the first fish hit it only took about 30 sec for the next rod to start to dance and I thought it was going to be on for a bit but that was the only hits all day.

i fished AI up at the very top of the osv area had family do the walk over thing and we all met up there..

i kayaked out 2 set of baits and did alot of waiting and watching. i caught a few hard heads while waiting for that clicker to sing. i saw the guys north of me and south of me have huge take downs on kingfish and mullet set ups. the guy to the south of me was catching hardheads left and right and even had a shark bite the hard head on the reel in and take his line a screaming. so i changed my set up and fished close by heaving the baits as far as i could. sure enough after about 45 min wait off she went. i had a bunker head on a 12 foot tica set up with a 7001 abu garcia. i ran over to the rod and watched it sing for over what seemed minutes. once it slowed down i took the rod out of the holder and began what was to be a 30-40 minute fight. i honestly lost track of time. i thought i had it 3 times and everytime i went after it in the wash off he went again. since i was at he top of the osv right near the south beach i had droves of people around me which was awesome, i had plenty of help landing it. since i was by myself i had no cam and any way to take a pic but some folks did take pics and said they would email it to me asap so i will post pics as soon as i get them. it was so cool to see the shark sideways in the shore break waves with the sun shining and really showing off its beauty. it was about 6 foot or so and very thick i do belive it was a dusky and it was an awesome ceature. got him back in the surf as soon as i could to be caught another day.

just goes to show that sometimes you dont need the yak and 6/0 penn just good equipment, knot tying, casting ability and alot of luck!

Hit the beach for a few hours. Did a little cheatin and yaked some baits:D. Sharksss - 1 nice size sandbar, 1 LARGE sandbar, and 1 mean duskie (guessing, smallish fin towards the back) and lost 1.

Had 2 on at the same time and it was some crazy action. Took several friends from work and everyone had a chance to fight a shark.

The duskie was maybe 6', not exactly large but for whatever reason she was ticked off and just ripped line off with several runs. The drag was tight and that darn thing was kicking my buddies a** . With the drag set pretty tight, it still ripped line off. I assumed it was going to be a huge one. It actually took a while to bring it on the beach and once landed, it was going crazy. Very strange, acted like a rabid shark. I had trouble holding him down to get the hook out.

One other thing, 2 of the sharks had those sucker fish, very dark in color and kinda looked like tiny sharks, not sure what the heck they are called and they would fall off once we beached the shark.

South winds and then switched to the west. Then the flies got bad, and when we left and aired up the wind switched out of the N and blew hard. Fun few hours...heading on a mini vacation for several days.

Go fish!

Ron, glad you got one...maybe we had the same mean sob. We were using very heavy equipment and was having one hell of a time with that one.

Sounds like a lot of fun and its heating up nice for the fling next week.

too bad I am stuck in Pa for a wedding this weekend. i'll be waiting for the report of the big bull Sam has been trying to catch.

Coop - Remora - They hitch a ride and eat sharks leftover scraps and/or eat small parasites on shark

remora.jpg.efbdede1f0df26b41b9b24678d33d

i was amazed at the amount of action only about 150' out past the beakers i saw alot of take downs and lost lines from those big sharks and the tourist that had thier lines out around me.. it was comical to see thier eyes as thier lines went zinging and they had no way to hold it and or get it in. should be alot of shark running around with kingfish rigs and mullet rigs hangin out of thier mouths lol....

couple pics, wish I got a pic of the mean one-to far from truck and to long of a battle to keep him beached for a pic.

jhshark.jpg.a096663267bbcfac45751a756e0d

joelscrazedsh.jpg.6909df6d9bf075b9e35cbb

Nice job, guys! Scott, how big was the large sandbar?

around 6', but very fat. I wish I got a pic of the shark that joel caught.

I knew they were in close, I had at least 5 take downs this past week out there with only one landed. Lets just say luck was not on my side (equipment failure) anyway got 5 days off for the fling week, so plan on hittin ai at least 4 out of those 5 days to make up for all the shark I lost.

Dave, I thought that was a sandbar...I can't seem to tell the difference. After looking at the pic, it sure does look like a dusky.