14 posts in this topic

my wife and Philip have kinda' talked me outta' bring the boat next month to fish :|

looks like we'll be comming down to join you all on AI to surf fish 8)

Sooooo......I just had to go out and buy a new outfit :) went to BPS last night and bought a Shimano BTR6500B "Baitrunner" spooled wth 25lb test Ande and a 10' Penn Power-Stick surf rod :mrgreen:

I'll see if I can post-up some pic's to my new addition to the family :wink:

now, so we're not a burden to you all, Im also looking into getting a OSV permit for the wifes AWD Ford Escape :!:

which leads me to my next question, when you "air" down your tires, what psi is best or is it trial n' error :?:

Randy, they recommend 15 psi,,,just get the permit at the ranger station, just after the gate,,,small building on the left in the parking lot,,,I "think" its 70 or 75 for the orv permit and 20 for the year round pass,,,c ya on the beach :)

Randy, I'm glad you decided to do this. YOu will not regret it. That rod/reel combo sounds awesome. It's gonna be a good spring, folks.

I air down to 12-15.

Yes, I am interested in sseing some pictures of these new additions to the family! I keep trying to bring my reel to bed with me, but I wake up with strange marks on my face and we get all tangled up in the line. :wink:

Randy, the optimum amount to air down is 75% of the bottom tire height (from the hub to the ground).

Do this on a level, hard surface.

Then take a measurement.

I hear good things about those Baitrunners. 8) As far as tires go, I air down to 17-20, depending on how much weight is in the back. I aint trying to blow a bead out there, when I can easily drive on and not get stuck w/o even airing down. I get alot smoother ride and cooler engine temps, especially if runnin down to the sticks, when I air down. I dont know though, if I had a boat, Id probably be on that. :mrgreen: At least for a little while. :kid:

Not to stray from the topic but dose anyone use those auto bleeders, Beach Buddies I think :?:

My best friend at the pumps. Worth every penny.

I have to get a set of those,,,is there ever an end,,,I just keep tossing the greenbacks right into the pit,,,combined with surfing gear & golf crap the bank account dissapears faster than a snowball in a blazing inferno.

Yeah!

Beach Buddies. I think Barb sells them at Delmarva Sporting, the strip at Royal Farms before the bridge.

Wish I had 4 but two are plenty loud for me. Man. what a whistle....

Talk about spending money! HOLY MACKERAL! I can go through some money when it comes to computers and fishing.

thanks for the tips n' info guys 8)

I got all the equipt for the OSV permit, had to make sure the wifes truck had 7" clearence and it does, other that that we will be down on the eve of April 13th, looks like a "full moon" weekend (also Easter weekend).

I will post-up some pics of the new combo this weekend, (will have to-do from work), this now brings my total count of rods n reels to 31 :D

Bart, I have 2 other Shimano "Baitrunners" (3500B models) and they work great :loveit:

I know just how you feel! Nice setup. :mrgreen: :v: