8 posts in this topic

COHOMOJO WROTE::

Met up with everyone at the docks about 0230. Todd the captain, Jamie, Dennis, Harvey, Kevin, myself, JW (John), and Bob. Headed out 0300 or there about to meet some pretty calm seas. Weather report was calling for 2-4ft seas. Todd was correct in saying that the boat just eats up 4ft seas cause it sure was a smooth ride. Got to our destination about sun-up and began to get the rigs out and commence trolling.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

0730 or right about that time, the way back rig's reel started screaming! and everyone was yelling fish on! Jamie was trying to slow the fish down by adjusting the drag while trying to get the rod out of the rod holder. JW was right there and Jamie said John sit down. Jamie finally got the rod out of the rod holder and gave it to John who was strapped in the fighting chair and ready to commence battle with Charlie Tuna.

clear.gif

The fish definitely put up a good fight and fortunately for John didn't make a second run when he caught his first glimpse of the boat.

Kevin did a nice job of gaffing the fish and bringing him on-board without incident.

clear.gif

Lots of cheering and hand smacking! We were all pumped and ready to bring some more of those bad boys onboard.

Got the rigs back out and trolled and trolled.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

No more tuna for us, but Bob managed to bring up a lonely TileFish from the depths. I think he was using more lead weight to get to the bottom than the fish ended up weighing, but at least he caught the 2nd biggest fish of the day.

clear.gif

Gotta hand it to Capt. Todd. He's a dedicated captain who maneuvered that boat skillfully ALL DAY trying to put us on fish. I guess there just weren't that many fish to be had yesterday. I'll definitely fish onboard the Lucky Dog soon...

clear.gif

So when the day ended for us and the boat was docked back at it's berth, Capt Todd filleted the Tuna while the rest of us sat around talking and unloaded stuff from the boat. I met some really nice people out there...Dennis, Harvey, Kevin, Bob and Todd....won a couple bucks on guessing how much the Tuna weighed..Jamie won the one on how much the Tile Fished weighed, then threw the money overboard to pay homage to Capt. Nemo and the fish gods.

All in all it's not whether or not you catch fish, it's all about the experience and I can say that I had a wonderful day and ready to do it again.

Thanks Todd!

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

[8D]

Very cool! Thanks for the pics and report.

Next trip offshore is MAHI MAHI MAHI ......then a tuna.....Steve you wanna be a offshore HO ? Mark ?

I'll Ho, not a problem!

Mark's butt is up in Michigan going for some Salmon this week!

COHOMOJO = Dave........not knowing that deleting pic from photobucket will break the links and now all you get is the dreaded red X !!