5 posts in this topic

Wrangled up some nice cats last night 7-10 about 10-12 of them up to 5lbs, all released. Good fun on light tackle.

North of the dam on the susky from shore, best bite was on dead minnows under a float. Got to where I'd killem first instead of waiting til they got hit and chewed on a bit. Biggest fish came on a dead 4" largemouth that was floating by, I hooked him up and hooked myself up in the process.

This will be my kind of fishing til winter, figure if I can get them to 5lbs just screwing around there has got to be some monsters in there and really close to home!

Any tips from freshwater cat masters?

I've always been a chicken liver man myself - get them from the local butcher for free - let them sit out in the sun all day and get nice and "ripe" - just rig up a freshwater version of a fishfinder almost (I'd use egg sinkers to allow the cat to pull without feeling the weight) - cast out, have a beer and wait to hear the drag!

Of course that was river fishing at its finest in my college days :) I love catfishin!

I caught this fish on a well known bait to you! (Bunker Chunks)

Caught a week or two ago in the Choptank River.

Jul23_0001.jpg.499cf3902f6a8b6233050ab45

Jul23_0002.jpg.21fc2b1bffbb6169ac7acda40

I have thought about some bunker, I'll have to try it out in the freshwater and see. No worries about crabs...