5 posts in this topic

Under the lesner bridge before 0700.....headed to the 3rd island of the CBBT and anchored the Lucky Dog...boats close to 40 foot should all have a windless....my gawd. Anyway....spades action was very slow but the croaker action was hot ! Stayed busy with them one after another....one even went 18 1/2 inches and weighed in at Bubba's @ 2 pounds 4 ounces !! Thats a horse croaker for sure....all but ditched the spade effort except 1 rig out for them as they honestly played bobber tag with it chasing it around the surface. Proceded to attempt some flatties, didnt drift mind you. Just sat anchored where we were....caught 14 fish all in the 15 to 19 inch range.Every person in the boat of course caught little black sea bass and oyster toads. A big sea turtle passed by to see what was going on, a school of 35+ inch drum passed between the boat and the rocks...a school of say 18 fish fish. Next guy over caught a nice 30+ cobia right off the rocks. One kid on our boat got a nice 22 striper. Several 20ish inch bluefish.....they were content to set right there from 0800 to 1500 all day (thankfully my big a$$ didnt have to pull anchor a dozen times like last time)We headed for a wreck to drift but came across a school of bait that some very larger spanish maceral were chasing along with some bluefish mixed in, I tied on a gotcha plug of 6 colors on 6 light tackle rods and they cast away for the next 2 hours as Todd made circles around the bait ball.....so much for being back at the dock at 4, but our out of town friends didnt mind one bit getting back at 6 !! The fish for the day were croakers,blues,flounder,spanish,seabass,toads,striper,grunts,porgys,

searobins and for the first time in my life.....NOT 1 single spadefish !!! All fish were released except the bluefish and croakers as they headed back to cherrystone campground on the Eastern Shore....tomorros menu of fish will include but not limited to :: TUNA,MAHI AND TILEFISH....BOAT LEAVES AT 0300 GIRLS....

Where's the Pics J?????

Hope your offshore trip went well, let us know!

honestly for the privacy of the customers I dont post the pics of the paying trips !! now today's HOdown is a free for all .....the boat is packed and ready .....HO's are on their way here - RIGHT NOW ......2 AM