5 posts in this topic

I am thinking about getting a 5 gal bucket and drilling holes in the top bottom and along the sides and put it in the water. I thought about a bubbler too, but if you suspend it in the water will that work? Does any one have any other suggestions for keeping spot alive for a couple of days before the trip offshore???

I made one for my minnows that works. I used a bit larger bucket with holes drilled in the sides and bottom suspended from a small inter tube.

Make a chicken wire cage, drop it in the water.

I am thinking about getting a 5 gal bucket and drilling holes in the top bottom and along the sides and put it in the water. I thought about a bubbler too, but if you suspend it in the water will that work? Does any one have any other suggestions for keeping spot alive for a couple of days before the trip offshore???

yeah, floating bait motel, comes in mamy different styles and sizes. I bought mine from Alltackle, was @$40.00, works great!!

5852a5142d02a_baitmotel.jpg.823f459b9de4

I bought a crab keeper at the Parts Plus off 589 for about 15.00 for my keeper crabs, that may work. If you want to try it I will loan it to you.