79 posts in this topic

Some larger critters, along with croakers, kings and blues, are finally making a showing on the beachfront. Next couple weeks could be good if the water temps stay warm. The back bays have been producing some flounder and blues.

Feel free to post your reports, fish or no fish.

Large silver fish (3-4') jumping out of the outer breakers and making large splashes? I saw it twice on Friday no matter what anyone says! :bootyshake:

Large silver fish (3-4') jumping out of the outer breakers and making large splashes? I saw it twice on Friday no matter what anyone says! :bootyshake:

Sam, was this just after sun rise? if-so, prob Kings (king mackerel) and I plan on going after some on monday if you want to tag-along......tick....tick....tick..... here.... fishey, fishey, fishey........got a nice snack for youuuuuuu.............

You aren't thinking Tarpon, are you???

Looking at the temps, it looks good enough for 'em.

But that would be just plain weird....

Have to yak out there and start tossing silver to 'em.

I'm not gonna' doubt anything.....

Alas, temps are fantastic for Chark!!!!

Coming on Friday.

(edit:)

If they are Tarpon, float a live line out there, they'll kill for it!

(no pun intended)

Tarpon are being caught just 30 miles south so it is very possible on a good sustained SE push, I didn't think king macks went airborne that often.

I'd put your baits just on the deep side of the bar or where you are seeing them, they've been catching them in the surf at Hatteras and in Florida on shark baits, why not AI? They will pickup a shark bait on occasion...obviously but may be more picky then a chark.

reminds me of a couple years ago, people saw a lot of silverish fish jumping and thought they were kings or tarpon. dave looked at them through binoculars and saw they were spinner sharks and they proceeded to blitz the beach.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a shark as it was brilliantly silver and it twisted around before splashing back down. It looked like a very large blue.

Im sticking to King Mac's as I've seen them "free-jumping" along the beach in OCMD before. usally in August when water temps get above 74* and usally early in the morning, between sunrise and @8am.

there's a hole or something up around 30th st, we use to stay at the Sea Gate and I would sea them almost every morning, running parallel to the beach just outside the breakers, chasing baits and getting alot of air time

Wow. I didn't know king macs went in so close to shore.

yeah man they're the holy grail for pier fishers...

need live bait for the most part though, you should see the set ups those guys use. Wild to watch, not enough casting for me though! It is clicker fishing though so that's half the criteria...