5 posts in this topic

Hit Back Bay with Kibaro and DS422.

Hit the beach just a bit after 6am with the last 1 and a half of the incoming tide. Set up at the same hole I was at the other day.

Put out an arsenal of bait and Kibaro and DS422 managed a few small blues we used for cut bait. Set the fresh blue out, but no takers at all, pretty grim to say the least!

I managed to pick up a small flounder on a sand flea (on my pup rig) and we tagged and released him. That was a surprise!!

Kibaro and DS422 also picked up a few small roundhead. They cut them up for bait and both ended up catching some medium sized southern rays at the same exact time. Glad I didn't have any roundhead on!:icon_thumright:

Packed up and headed in right at noon and glad we did as I ran through some dark clouds and rain on the way home.

Nice day and good company as well! DS422 I owe you a beer for the one you had today.

DS422 also got some good casting practice on my 1502 spin and by the end of the day was throwing it great! Keep it up D and you will only get better.

Well back to work tomorrow after a week of vacation!:icon_puke_r:

Pics are of Kibaro and DS422 reeling in blues and the lone flounder.

100_2340.jpg.e0c7e6b8a71c4575de5102bb7d3

100_2338.jpg.caab7cdea5f52b6811d83d4c04a

100_2339.jpg.f114d3081f0aec7d1bcd3428c76

Steve,

I had a good time fishing with you and Keith yesterday....beautiful weather and we caught a few fish. You guys gave me some valuable tips that will help me out a lot in the future from the surf. My casting improved dramatically, still not the greatest, but head and shoulders above what I was doing previously. Thanks for giving me a break on not having me carry all my gear to the beach!!!!!! I need to get out and practice throwing my heaver soon.

D

D-

Just keep at it!

Practice, practice and more practice!

You were doing great by the end of the day!

thanks for the report...I used to fish, now I only work...I need to take some time OFF...

It's always a nice surprise catching a flatty from the surf! Thanks for the report and pics.