12 posts in this topic

Here are some shots of the top half of the blank, the handle will need to be plain since the ferrule only leaves about 1" of butt before the reel seat. That's why there is cork tape on the top section.

Only a couple notes for me on this one, the decal faded even with sealer etc on it and I don't look forward to working with white thread ever again. All the white is double wrapped and difficult to work with in general. As an aside, if you work with white frequently your wraps will be impecable, there is almost no room for error. I should have underwrapped white and overwrapped red, that would have solved my problems with the white. In general dark over light works out better.

I'll have the handle done tonight and may test cast a bit tomorrow, after that it's ready when you are Phil! After putting two kids through UMD I think the university should have paid for this rod!

GO TERPS!

DSCF0153.jpg.9d8a147cead27bf230deb24fb19

DSCF0154.jpg.38e560b8f52b0c2c90141ab1425

DSCF0155.jpg.fe449b828de1711520fd3f9d0f2

Nice Ben!

Phil you won't be disappointed!

Thanks guys, 4 colors per guide gets old quick but I think it was worth it in the end.

I actually have a 1502 UMD wrap to do next week, what are the odds!? More white over red since I already did the underwraps...ugh.

Nope Randy, didn't take any yet since I'd want to post em, figured I'd wait since some folks from CA troll around on here...next week though!

ok, cool, so it's done?

do you need me to come pick it up or do can you deliver? I'll be around the house all weekend getting the boat ready for Ocean City

I can drop it off after work on Monday, ok? I'll let you know if anything changes.

I can drop it off after work on Monday, ok? I'll let you know if anything changes.

ok, sounds good but mondays are my late night and I dont get-off till 6pm.

if you want to drop it of at the dealership(Liberty Ford), it's right down the road from my house.

Looks great Ben!!!!! Thanks! Gonna make a donation to your fusion fund.:happy3::happy3::happy3::happy3:

I only had a few minutes to scan this before heading out. Looking closer this rod looks GREAT!!!!!!! Thanks again Ben!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: Can't wait to throw this one!