6 posts in this topic

Worked the crabpots and managed to get enough for Lunch for the four of us. My son is a crab lover so he was ready to put them in the pot and start steaming right away.

Took the kids on a boat ride through the wetlands/marsh and let them enjoy nature at it's finest. Saw several nesting pairs of osprey, snakes, crabs, fiddler crabs, herons, egrets, minnows, grass shrimp, along with some abandoned homes which were pretty neat to look at.

On the way back in from the boat, my daughter wanted me to go faster so I did and she thought that was pretty cool (pic below).

Fishing was pretty much the same as the first two days with scattered spot, and medium to large croakers. I'm sure if I stayed out all night fishing I could have filled the cooler. I did filet some croakers for a few friends that wanted some if I got into them. Did manage to pull two pesky blues up on my cut bait finally, but boy they were small!

Very peaceful few days, with no cell phones, no house phones, no noise at all for the most part! Just what the doctor ordered!

Last of the Pics:

100_2292.jpg.aa950669524f28bb3aa582ad816

100_2256.jpg.ef4ca7e7c92dc1fa79a738d0dd1

100_2321.jpg.7e71978d1f2d16b2866bf4bb054

100_2302.jpg.4efeabddcde134fda54b15e1586

Thanks for the reports and great pics! Good to see you all get out of HR Dodge and have some fun :happy3:

Enjoy the rest of your week off!

`bucket

Yep it was nice to be there and out fish Steve. Lots of croakers not much of anything else. Nice and quiet!

P.S. By the way I am Dixie's wife!! Lord have mercy on me:angel5:

Welcome aboard! Those crabs look GOOD!

Hopefully they are I had mouth surgery so I picked some and had to vaccuum seal it until I can really enjoy. Blake and Steve sure did like them. Thanks for the welcome. :angel5:

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER N BETTER !