18 posts in this topic

Anybody doing anything at 3R's with sharks? Looking for a good surf location to target brown (sandbar) sharks. Any suggestions?

If you havent seen my report, There are large quantities of relatively large Sand Tigers at 3r's. They are a blast and gave me one hell of a time every night. Be prepared to stay well into the evening because they will usually bite between 11pm- 2am. At some times you will have both rods running with big toothy critters on the other end.

I also caught a few nice size sharpnose, but no Sandbars yet.

good luck- let us know how you do

Bennet's Pier(no pier just a beach), a little NE of Milford is an excellent spot to go after browns this time of year.

Thanks Flatfish! One question will I need a yak to get at them? I do not one but am a fair caster from the beach. Any suggestions as to bait and what size are they running? Again thanks for the help.

I'm sure a yak would help. I have caught a few by casting with cut bait. They were on the 36-40" range. I never targeted them so I'm no expert. I have seen others there floating big baits out on balloons when the wind is right and catch some nice ones.

How would I get to Bennets from Rt 1 S? I ususally fish CHSP Pier and IRI as well but am looking for better spots to get after the sharks.

If anyone is going Shark fishing around the Milford area I'd love tag along and learn some tips . I fish down at Cape Henlopen from the surf and haven't been lucky hooking up . I dont own a Yak either so getting the baits out far enough might be one reason also I haven't gone at night is that the best time to hookup with one of these toothy critters :)

I'm in Camden, DE area so its not too far away ......

It figures the Sat. the 25th I have a BBQ to Attend in MD & an Engagement Party in NJ .

So I dont think I can make it next saturday night unless your there that late in the night .

I may be able to hang out a few hours if I dont pass out from the driving, he he he .

I think the most important thing for me first is figure how to make an appearance at both events before making a 3rd event , lol

North Bowers at low tide was producing many oyster crackers on chicken fishing right at the break of the inlet.

I might be going out to south bowers tonight but will be definatley within the next few days depending on tides.

Is anyone going shark fishing in the Milford area over the holiday weekend at all I'd like to tag along and learn :)

Also whats an Oyster Cracker :dontknow:

Also whats an Oyster Cracker :dontknow:

That would be a Toadfish.

toadfish.gif.71af245f281463842cfd0646426

Ok those are the little nasty looking rockfish and a very bad to step on . Poisonous spines :)

NY JOE I might be heading out friday night or sat anytime. Might be going to try that benneits pier again. Message me on the IM if you are interested.:happy1:

What time friday & or saturday are you going ? I may go up to NY Saturday for the day but I dont think its definite .

If I meet you out there is it ok if I come just to watch and observe if thats ok with you also do you need a 4x4 to get there ? I havent been to that area before . I'd like to see how you setup for the outing .

I think I went to Bowers once with my wife to scope it out but it didnt seem like it was a place to fish from .

Thanks,

Joe

I might be going to the next beach down. It is called stoney beach or rocky beach. Same to get there though..... Go east down thompsonville rd take a right to big stone beach. no 4x4 is required to get there as I am sure you aren't allowed on the beach with your truck. It is however a very short walk to the water.

After that I may head down to fowler beach south of milford I have heard that it has been productive the past few weeks.

Hey Ny Joe I am going to be going out fishing tomorrow. Call me if you aren't going up to NY. (302) 359-7250

If you end up going Sunday or Monday shoot me an email at swg_joe@yahoo.com I forgot to check the forums last night just saw your post now . Did you catch anything today ?