3 posts in this topic

Got off work at 3am decided to hit damneck at sunrise despite the weeks worth of sw wind. Hit the south end around 520 no wind to speak of 1 mph east if anything, tide real low and still going out didnt excpect much. Threw out a spot head on the slosh and rigged up the Blue Yonder with fishbites. The sun slowly started coming up and the slosh drag went off caught a small sandbar around 3 ft, took a quick pic and released. Sent out a bluefish head and then put a stingsilver on and started catching bluefish close in, cool. The slosh went off again,picked up the rod definately a shark probaby smaller spit the hook. Menhaden cruising thru, rigged up a quick snag rig, got about 5. Getting ready to go and bringing in the slosh something big on the other end, felt like 10 cinder blocks , managed to get within 50 feet to the beach and the hook came out luckily, most likely a southern sting ray I would estimate 100 pd, fought it (dragged it) for 40 minutes. Left at 0930. Hit the beach in the afternoon, wind n/e 15 water nice but low tide, way better conditions than this morning, 1 bluefish on a stingsilver for my efforts. Crabs real bad, the water had to be close to 80 deg. Gonna hit it in am. Left at 930 pm..............tight lines geo

Nice report Geo, time for me to go southside when I get back!

Hit damneck this am 21 july, n/e 15/20 water churned up, barely fishable, looked liked the point :icon_thumright: , just one buefish on a spot head, got called in to work for some bs left at 7am. Gonna be in Nevada for 2 wks so the fish will be safe for awhile ha ha. geo