17 posts in this topic

I saw that we were going to get some nice S/E wind tonight and then I looked at the next three days and see nothing but S/SW. I don't know what is up with this crazy wind, but I'm really getting sick of it ruining the water temps. 60 degrees in the bay yesterday! Who forgot to tell the weather man that this is JULY!:angry7:

This wind is terrible!

coldwater.jpg.141cd14f46d40260aada19c190

OK what happen I was out of town for two days and when I get back everything is tossed around in my yard, I mean things that should not be blown over are so what happened. Did I miss something about the weather or what I agree with Sam this is July is it not or did we go right to late fall?

This SW wind sucks...cold! We may never see those tough fighting sandbars and spinners if this crap keeps up. May as well get ready for drum season.

This SW wind sucks...cold! We may never see those tough fighting sandbars and spinners if this crap keeps up. May as well get ready for drum season.

We've still got another month, so don't give up quite yet. :icon_thumleft:

was out last night, and there was no wind at all until about 3 am then fierce wind out of no where from the north, north east. so maybe a change for the better, and the water temps were warmer than they have been in a week or so.

A cold front came through and got ya last night, hence the wind shift and velocity. Should start flipping toward the east by Tuesday and south by Wednesday. That'll help warm the water.

Don't get me wrong I love catching these massive Sand Tigers, being that they are #7 deadliest in the world, but i have yet to experience the true fight of a Sandbar or Spinner. Last night I caught a 5 Foot Atlantic Sharpnose and it took off faster and made my baitrunner scream unlike anything I have caught so far. I just can't imagine something with bigger shoulders and still the 5 and 6 ft lengths.

I will be keeping an eye on the reprots- I WILL be back sometime later this summer if things start to warm up. Hell, I'll probably come back anyway so I can tangle with more of those big STs.

Ben

Don't get me wrong I love catching these massive Sand Tigers, being that they are #7 deadliest in the world...

Ben

Ben, I'm pretty sure most of those shark attacks are mistaken identity. People walking around and accidentally run into this shark's face...

A few years back we had similar conditions in July. One weekend the WT was 74^ in IRB. We drifted live spot and croaker all through the inlet and caught one 24" schoolie. The fishing was horrible. The next weekend, the WT was 59^, we drifted live spot and croakers through the inlet and everyone had a limit of stripers. We also caught about 8 trout to 12 lbs. I love coastal upwelling, but still hate the wind. I would be down there right now......

Sam, I know that the sharks don't mean any harm. In no way do I think people should be afraid of them. They have been in the water quite a bit longer than us. Just the fact that they come sooooooo close to the beach at night is what makes them "#7". With big teeth like that........people probably step on them or accidentally kick them in the mouth then call it a "shark attack"

Its very easy to prevent ST "attacks"- dont swim at night!

Sam, I know that the sharks don't mean any harm. In no way do I think people should be afraid of them. They have been in the water quite a bit longer than us. Just the fact that they come sooooooo close to the beach at night is what makes them "#7". With big teeth like that........people probably step on them or accidentally kick them in the mouth then call it a "shark attack"

Its very easy to prevent ST "attacks"- dont swim at night!

Exactly. Good to see ya catching, Ben. How is everything going elsewhere?

Well I leave August 2nd to go to the FLW Junior World Championship for bass fishing- it should be a lot of fun! I did well in the BASS sanctioned one at the beginning of this year, so I look to try to finish even higher this time!

A few years back we had similar conditions in July. One weekend the WT was 74^ in IRB. We drifted live spot and croaker all through the inlet and caught one 24" schoolie. The fishing was horrible. The next weekend, the WT was 59^, we drifted live spot and croakers through the inlet and everyone had a limit of stripers. We also caught about 8 trout to 12 lbs. I love coastal upwelling, but still hate the wind. I would be down there right now......

Wow, I never thought of that. At least it can be productive for some. :icon_thumleft:

Well I leave August 2nd to go to the FLW Junior World Championship for bass fishing- it should be a lot of fun! I did well in the BASS sanctioned one at the beginning of this year, so I look to try to finish even higher this time!

Ben, you should start a blog or something so we can keep tabs on your success! I don't want to miss your interview on ESPN!

Ahhh!!! Finally, some sustained East Wind! Fishing should be decent the rest of the week. :)

Ahhh!!! Finally, some sustained East Wind! Fishing should be decent the rest of the week. :)

And no bug thats a plus:icon_thumright: