12 posts in this topic

Man I hope this doesn't stick. Smells like bluewater got a hold of the pocket of one of the judges. This is why EVERYONE needs to self police when out on the beach. The 1% that are a$$holes ruin it for everyone out there.

Shame everyone couldn't act together and come up with an agreeable beach ORV management plan. Fishermen were fighitng the plovers instead of giving them some room and putting a plan in place. The only thing keeping this from happening at AI is that the have a managment plan in place. It didn't take much for Hatteras to fall, who's next?

I also don't think the judge was very educated, this decision will cost the islands millions of dollars, many businesses will fold etc. This is why I don't think it will stick if it is in fact true.

Hope some of the elected officials come to the rescue.

Wow, thanks for link. Gonna get interesting. Hope they get a plan together. At least AI should be last to fall. Wonder if its too late to take up golf.

Now where did I put that Xanax?

It will surely start to get interesting from here.

Hopefully all will work out, hopefully!

I get the impression the beaches will be closed until a plan is in place, which is in process.

If nothing else it will force the issue and there will be compromises and the plan will be set.

I see permits and more enforcement in the near future, it will take up to 2 years to get everything up and running and staffed correctly. Hope there is a stay until then and the beach will be open. Lots of locals will be up in arms, but I think permits and enforcement are a good thing...well, better then NO beach access. Its a free for all down there.

I'd love to see the price tag on local economies due to this.

There is an AMSA meeting tonight. I'll see if I can get any more info on this.

I don't know the OBX by land but had hoped to go there Tuesday. Exactly which area is closed now? How do (did) you get there?

IMO this ought to be no less than a call to arms for all of us. You each and every one need to contact your elected representatives & voice your concern. You can google 'em and find contact info for your US representative and US senators. Write to them! Today! I did, and you should too.

Also, it is necessary us to put our money where our mouth is. Find an organization doing what you think needs to be done & send 'em a donation. I did, and you should too.

IMO this ought to be no less than a call to arms for all of us. You each and every one need to contact your elected representatives & voice your concern. You can google 'em and find contact info for your US representative and US senators. Write to them! Today! I did, and you should too.

Also, it is necessary us to put our money where our mouth is. Find an organization doing what you think needs to be done & send 'em a donation. I did, and you should too.

I agree. This place is my passion...

According to locals, the beaches are not currently closed. There are several things being considered around this order. CAHA is looking into a permiting process to avoid things such as this. It can also be argued that with the Interim Strategy now APPROVED, that the Seashore has a plan that meets the intent of the executive order.

Howard Quillen

Director - AMSA

Treasurer - UMS

Yikes!!!! see what happens when I am out of the loop for a little while.

The way I am reading this, this is a NC state government issue that uses the federal guide lines to its advantage, Correct?? I am not following this judge, is he federal or state appointed?

It also sounds like the organizations that have some lobbying power down there are lacking members, Correct?

Even with this this temporary plan activated, this is just the beginning.