6 posts in this topic

Ok I am the newbie on the forums but have been coming to AI on and off for years. It is me getting older or is there more people not respecting others.

Spent an hour Sunday picking up buried appx. an 1" in the sand of stinking rotting dead fish not one but at least 2 dozen. kids and i filled another kitchen size bag of misc. trash bottles, wrappers etc.

Go to the air pumps, people throw the fill ends in the sand, then the next person IE me gets sand stuck in his tire valve Or my favorite is not pull all the way up so the can be next to their buddy.

Is me ranting or is there something that can be done?

Thanks for reading my rant.

I was in the Florida keys last week and Assateague is amazingly clean compared to some of the areas that I fished in. I was in Miami first and it was like trash cans hadn't been invented yet. The beach's were littered with trash. Then in the Keys the bridge areas that I fished in were just as bad as Miami. It was amazing that people could leave their trash in such an amazing area. It was like fishing in an Aquarium. Except for the trash. I think we are pretty lucky here.

I always carry two trash bags with me when I go fishing. One for my trash and the other for everyone else who leaves junk on the beach or for stuff that washes up.

I always carry two trash bags with me when I go fishing. One for my trash and the other for everyone else who leaves junk on the beach or for stuff that washes up.

Same here I come off the beach with more trash then I came with..

yep, I look like fred sanford leaving the beach

come to think of it, I look like fred sanford coming on the beach too...

I thought I noticed a change too.....but at the time I figured it was me......

We picked up loads of garbage...my two oldest are junior rangers so they really get into the garbage detail......

I also felt the crowd over all was a little different......

Normally I'm there in the Spring and Fall and do not go in the Summer.....this was the first year in fact I went during 'prime vacation time'.......

I'm figuring it was more 'non-locals'.... which I am one of......but it seems the more you get, the more people that don't care you can get......